97 cobra procharger f1a build

OP
OP
E

encasedmetal

Reaction score
little bit of an update:
some more progress- finishing the IC piping, working on modding the steering lines and fuel line routing. I am moving the FPR to the back of the driver's side rail. the filter is a mock up and I will be finishing it shortly as I don't think it's sturdy enough right now. also got my valve cover breather setup done
013-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

011-2.jpg

010-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

006-3.jpg

005-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

002-3.jpg

001-1.jpg

catchcan2.jpg

catchcan.jpg

OP
OP
E

encasedmetal

Reaction score
indeed a bump is needed anything newish bud? and i missed the comment about the straight away out at flagstaff lol. Gimme the heads up ill get my car trailered and well drag all night friend. I dunno if i posted this in my own thread cause im the fukin worst but, i have to get 25.5 spec legal ugh what a pain. But atleast then im cert to 7.5 e.t. Anyways bump for a big ass blower.
well- that ought to take a while to finish- holy crap

OP
OP
E

encasedmetal

Reaction score
I got my steering lines back today, and my belts came in. the rear is assembled as well. so after I ride back from cars and coffee sat. morning in charlotte I'm going to put the rear in-yay!

OP
OP
E

encasedmetal

Reaction score
more progress today-all pics are cell phone so sorry for the lack of quality
got the rear together
rear.jpg

checking backlash
rear2.jpg

and I need some more shims as the wear pattern is not where I want it at all- so pulled it all back out
got the belts in and on, and what do you know- they match my car- fuck yes!
belt-1.jpg

belt2.jpg

belts3.jpg

fuel pressure regulator finally at home behind the driver's side rail-exactly where it needs to be and quite nicely out of the way as well
fpr.jpg

another pic of the pcv lines I ran from the valve cover- I love the fittings
pcv.jpg

fitting I had to use for the driver's side fuel rail front to clear the crossover tube and the IAC valve housing- super bitch to find, as only one company makes it
rail.jpg

still tapping holes for vacuum and boost references
holes.jpg

vacuum.jpg

oh shit- what's this- give you a hint-it's for safety and because i moved my battery- but can you guess where this item is? I won't tell you cause this will prevent anyone from stealing my car but you can guess-lol
safety.jpg

modified steering lines as we were adjusting them around
steering.jpg

and last but not least- a mock up pic of the bumper. I am loving how all that hard work makes it so subtle- lol. and yes I know it's crooked, as the bumper is not mounted yet but just layed on. but you get the point.
bumper.jpg

also got my coolant hoses on but two, so measured for those, gonna get some shims for the rear- fill her up with fluids- finish the tune and fire this motherfucker hopefulyl in the next few weeks.

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
ugh its going im ready to sell everything and just move to alaska lol. SOOOOOOOOO much money for shit sometimes, now while compared to whats into it the 3k for a cage is a drop in a bucket it just gets tiring to keep handing cash over to people. But meh shell be done soon meh hopes. Your making me jealous when i see your car. I wanna buy another sn cobra kinda i dunno i got an offer on the caprizzy and the motor i got for it so well see. Ill regret it if i sell it i know it.....but a crystal white 96 calls my name when i sleep.

OP
OP
E

encasedmetal

Reaction score
thanks man- I dream of either a 98 yellow cobra with ccw 505's or a turbo 03' sonic blue

OP
OP
E

encasedmetal

Reaction score
BTW i love were you put your coil packs not sure if i told you that before.
I thought is was awesome too, even used the stock brackets (modified of course), then shortened the new plug wires. shopuld be firing it up in the next two weeks I hope if racetronix will get off their asses and send me my injector info.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Where ur fuel pressure regulator is located you will fail tech instantly at the drag strip

OP
OP
E

encasedmetal

Reaction score
why's that (I honestly don't know)
and it's not a drag car- it's an open track car, 15# on the track, 20+psi for the late nights

OP
OP
E

encasedmetal

Reaction score
my best friend back in chicago had a chrome yellow 98 it was sex. you are making and posting vids of the vehicle yeh?
I would never not post them up, I'm so sick of having to search for fucking pictures of this piece and that peice, so if what I did can help someone else out- of course I will post tons of pics

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Can't be within 6 inches of the fire wall if I remember correctly. It's bunch of bullshit if you ask me. They try to say if you explode ur bellhousing it take out the lines it's a total joke in my opinion when ur trying to clean up ur engine bay

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
well although some of the rules of nhra tracks are a bit much ill agree especially for casual racers and what not, this particular one is in good taste in my opinion. Hopefully you never have the joy of having your flywheel sheer off or anything like that but if you do you might be thankful for some of the shit they make you do.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
X2 I got talked to about mine being on the shock tower saying it's kinda close one time but still got waived threw

bottlefed97

Reaction score
Sick build!

I hope to upgrade from my Novi to an F-Series one day in the future.

Oh and Procharger Race BOV FTW, love how mine sounds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online