97 cobra w/1.5 kennebell

PIarusso97snake

Reaction score
Hello yall I am new to this forum. I recently purchased a 97 cobra with a kennebell on it. I was told it had a bent valve. The car was in pieces when I bought it so I sent the alleged head to the machine shop. It had a bent intake valve. I had that fixed for 120$ thought I got off cheap. Car only cost 3500 with 89,000 miles. I put it all back together and come to find out there is 40 psi in cylinder 1. I put oil in it and it raised to 210. Basically motor is trashed it's already a jasper replacement bored 30. Over. I currently have 04 Terminator rods and Manley forged pistons for 8.5:1 compression just sitting in my garage. What you all think I should do use that setup and Basically have a forged teskid Terminator setup or keep stock compression? Just looking for your thoughts and or advice. It dynoed at 369 rwhp with current setup.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Why would you want to lower compression? Your OEM setup would be 10.1:1
That KB is just fine for stock internals. They don't get high enough onto the HP #s.

Dropping to 8.5 is throwing HP out the window.

Either keep it stock internals with the KB, or you can throw on C heads, throw your other internals in it, and throw on a bigger Whipple/KB etc to take advantage of the forged internals and really turn up the boost.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online