97 gt building a mach motor for it im a noob with this forum stuff lol

97LOUDGT

Reaction score
ok so i have a 97 gt with some bolt ons and 390 rear gears but im building a 01 mach motor to do the swap the motor fell in my lap and i want to do forged internals and all that good stuff but i want to build it as a good na motor and give it a little spray to play with was thinking a 125 or 150 dry shot but i dont no wat internals to go with i really love how those comp 106100 cams sound and i was wondering do u guys think its possible to do a 400 hp build off the bottle or is that to much for na once again im a complete noob when it comes to forums im trying really hard not to look stupid with my posts lol

Cpotts13

Reaction score
400 rwhp is possible with a 4v, but it will likely be very aggressive for the street and cost you a pretty penny. If i were to do a 400 rwhp 4v id probably go with a good high compression stroker kit, aggressive NA cams, and ported/ polished heads. That would get you around 400..

Now, there is no such thing as a 2001 mach 1 motor. The mach 1 as only made in 03/04. First off, confirm your engine. Different mustangs have different blocks and internals. For example manual transmission mach 1's have a forged crank. So that right there is some cost savings...

Get back to us on what you're looking at budget wise, drivability wise and what the condition and kind of motor you have is.

Heres some web sites to gain some insight..

http://www.modularmotorsportsracing.com/
http://www.dssracing.com/

(note: I do not vouch for either websites quality, I am simply leaving them for a reference)

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Its all good man. its safe here (unless you're spreading bad tech) ...... everyone here was a noob once. Except Paul he invented the internet and inspired Lee Iaccoca.

Any who like stated there wasn't a 2001 mach 1.

Post lots of pics and we can help your figure it out.

The D3V

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
So do you have a complete long block?

I used mod max racing for my parts. They have some forged I beams on the cheap!!!! Pistons you'll want some high compression. Look to spend about 1100 on rods, pistons, rings, bearings.

The D3V

OP
OP

97LOUDGT

Reaction score
the motor had 7000 miles on it when it was taking out then it was in a crate then water got into his garage and the motor had water in he didnt want to deal with it so ibought it budget wise i want to build it over a year or so i no its goin to cost a good amount but i figured i go alittle at a time u no do u think the dry shot is a mistake? or should i build a supercharged motor the prob im having is all the supercharger kits i have been seeing are alittle high

OP
OP

97LOUDGT

Reaction score
1100 isnt bad and i fell in love with the sound of those cams lol so i really want to build it na

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Dry shot or boost is a personal choice. You can do plenty of damage with either hahaha.

Nitrous can get expensive fast..... refills and all the fun accessories

The D3V

OP
OP

97LOUDGT

Reaction score
lol thats tru my motor in the 97 runs great so im not in a rush to build the mach motor but at the same time its a disease lol i want to start lol

OP
OP

97LOUDGT

Reaction score
ok ok motor i got to take pics motor i got car pics
mail

OP
OP

97LOUDGT

Reaction score
thank you guys for being so cool and helping me out and not making funny of me being a noob lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online