97 GT---> Cobra motor swap.

BradStep

Reaction score
So I picked up a 1997 Mustang Gt with all plans to scrap the body and use the motor and tranny to drop in my 96 Mustang. After I got the car home did some inspecting and decide why not rebuild this car. Body's in great shape minus the aftermarket sunroof. (dont AsK) So I get the car stripped down and removed the hideous asian body kit that was on it and awful hood scoop some people have no respect. The motor is smoking and I realize I need a rebuild. So with that in mind did some research found PI heads and was getting ready to buy the Intake when I found it on the car already. I did a quick once over the car had well over 1800 worth of after market parts on it SCORE!. The plan was rebuild the SOHC with PI head and intake and go from there.

So I got a smoking deal on a Teksid Cobra Block and then Scored some Cobra heads and intake.

Where I am at now it converting my GT to a Cobra with no plans to badge it a Cobra on the outside. Ill Post some pictures to come in the mean time. Can anyone tell me what additional parts I may need or tell me if anyone has done the swap and link me to the build. Thanks for the help and see you guys on the road soon.:headbang:

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Fuel rails, matching valve covers to your ignition setup, dohc front cover, dohc exhaust manifolds (even though the stock gtmanifolds bolt up but the ports dont match....grind them open) mtching air induction also. Ill think of more and post up

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
If you're planning on throwing boost at it, primarily a turbo, get a set of Cobra B cams. 96 nailed a lot of the main items needed. Also you'll need a cobra wire harness and probably a cobra ecu too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Staff online

Members online