97 Gt vs 95 Gt

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The guys with the 5.0 will say the pushrods are better. The guys with the 4.6 will say the modulars are better. It's a "no-win" argument that's already been beat like a dead horse. Oh... and the people who say "verts suck" are just jealous. That's all.

TanTop94

Reaction score
The guys with the 5.0 will say the pushrods are better. The guys with the 4.6 will say the modulars are better. It's a "no-win" argument that's already been beat like a dead horse. Oh... and the people who say "verts suck" are just jealous. That's all.

I own a vert and I said they suck.....justification for that is from DDing it all through winter shows how all the added moving parts decide to make quite the symphony in my car, lots of body flex on turns, nothing else you wouldnt already know haha. My top isn't even in bad condition either. Its just a very thing I guess.

Given I love it on a nice day.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Lsx coyote swaps...hell even 3v swaps.... unless you're engineering something its gonna feel common.....do a v10 swap I have only seen 1

OP take em for a drive and what ever one makes you smile...... keep it. Regardless of what everyone says it cost money to go fast period 5.0 or 4.6 .....

The D3V

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
5.0's are known as the easiest motor to work on and mod. If you ever had a fox you know you could put a crap load of mods, and do a whole bunch of little tricks to make it fast without a tune. 4.6's (2v's) especially the first ones were something even ford technicians didn't like to work on, and if were talking about 4v's, the alldata system says to replace the motor if their is any strange noise out of the motor. I've had them all and you can't beat the reliability of a pushrod motor. You can run a pushrod motor without a rocker arm, or a quart of oil and still make it home.

I like em all don't get me wrong, I'd like to get a 2v again and try the whole cams, p.i swap deal and see what the fuss is about but that npi wasn't close to my old 86 fox.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
5.0's are known as the easiest motor to work on and mod. If you ever had a fox you know you could put a crap load of mods, and do a whole bunch of little tricks to make it fast without a tune. 4.6's (2v's) especially the first ones were something even ford technicians didn't like to work on, and if were talking about 4v's, the alldata system says to replace the motor if their is any strange noise out of the motor. I've had them all and you can't beat the reliability of a pushrod motor. You can run a pushrod motor without a rocker arm, or a quart of oil and still make it home.

I like em all don't get me wrong, I'd like to get a 2v again and try the whole cams, p.i swap deal and see what the fuss is about but that npi wasn't close to my old 86 fox.

Depends on your experience 2v is way easier for me to work on but its what I have tore apart and put together..... 2v motors arent boat anchors .....they last 200k plhs

The D3V

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
That's true, I've been in 5.0's all my life, so I guess I am a little biased lol, but I really disliked the 4v's when my dad let his 97 cobra sit for 3 months for winter to pass and the next time we started it, the motor was fugged just by sitting!. Oh and the removal of those valve covers are biatch!!!!

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
One thing I like about the 4.6 over the 5.0.. changing spark plugs. . That's about it..

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
One thing I like about the 4.6 over the 5.0.. changing spark plugs. . That's about it..

Wow there are a lot more benefits then that. Easy alternator swap access, easy spark plug access and coil pack. Water pump can be easily swapped out, no fan belt or anything holding it back. Only thing hard about servicing a mod engine is doing LT swap, everything has to come down to access it.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
You can swap alt no prob on the 5.0 two bolts.. easy to swap a coil 4 bolts.. water pump a lil more no fan belt on the sn95 either. .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online