97 GT

RichV

Reaction score
97 GT, 5 speed, 138k

I don't have any experience with these 2V motors. Thinking about picking up this one.

Good
-new motor reman NPI longblock with warranty
-new clutch

Bad
-few dents/dings on the body
-interior needs a little cleanup/paint work
-needs hood (has one, just cracked and dipped black)
-ignition switch broke, so there is some push button/switch that needs removed and fixed

Mods
-BBK shortys
-BBK catted hi flow h
-SR performance rear LCA/UCA
-one piece headlights, decent looking
-tri-ax shifter
-Steeda quadrant/cable
-BAMA tuner
-BBK intake and t/b
-K&N FIPK
-SR water/oil p/boost/vac gauge, in a pillar mount

Relatively all stock from the outside. Dents can be done with PDR from what I see. Hood needs paint/fix or a replacement hood. Driver's seat lower bolster is a bit worn, no rips or holes in the interior. Some interior panels have been painted and would go back to black or maybe hydro-dip carbon. Working AC, heat, radio, etc.

Motor is a $2500 reman unit, most part stores can order this. Non PI tho, sounds great and has under 10k miles on it (receipt n hand).

$4500 asking price. What do you guys think? For a driver?

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Probably not a bad asking price, but I would try to get it closer to the $3,500 range if it were me. You'll have a few hundred just into a new hood if that current one can't be repaired w/ new paint and the other minor repairs will add up a little. Definitely not a bad asking price by any means though

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The new motor under warranty is nice but I would still try to get him under $4K.

Is this gonna be another racecar? If it's just to drive around, I would try to get him down even more.

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
Just a driver for the summer. So resale is a bit of a concern. I have all the race cars I can handle for now! :)

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
There's usually a ton of them on Craigslist going between 2k-4k in varying states and levels of modification. To put this into perspective, I picked up my '98 GT at a vallue of about $2,200 and it needed work.

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
Is the warranty work transferable?

Good question. The motor itself has a 3yr warranty by the reman company, the shop has a 12mo warranty listed. My guess would be the motor reman company would honor their parts. Not sure about the shop, I'd have to call. From what it sounds like, the original motor was making some noise, timing guides I suspect and possibly oiling issues since the OP mentioned the old motor was very dirty inside. OP was told by a couple of shops it would be cheaper to replace the motor than have his fixed. True or not, he has a $4500 ticket from the shop from about 6 months ago. So he's already taking a big loss, but my guess is I could get it for $4k.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Usually warranties like that don't transfer.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
Few more options popped up:

01 Cobra, yellow 115k
Decent shape from pics, will go check it out this weekend.
Mostly original, has On3 turbo setup. Tuned to 470hp at 6psi. Working AC/heat, etc.
$6500
Concerned a little since I'm looking for a driver, need it to be reliable. Probably needs a few things, it does have a crease in the rear quarter that will need body work/paint.

95 GT, 5sp, maroon, 130k
lowered, 94/95 Cobra wheels, some mods, stock drivetrain
needs front seat, cat back exhaust, dent fixed in driver's door
$3200 asking
dude added a single cheap race seat on the drivers side and cut the exhaust off at the h-pipe

96-98 GT, 5sp, black, ?? miles
just saw this car on the way home yesterday with a f/s sign
looks extremely clean/original, has some deep dish bullit wheels, interior and exterior look to be mint condition
?? price, have a call in to the owner

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online