97 Hellion Turbo Cobra!

svtsnakebitn

Reaction score
I'm kid of new here and just decided to post up pics of my car! I'm getting sick of svtperformance. Let me know what you all think!
Alright guys I finally finished my car after 8 1/2 months of sitting on jack stands... She was glad to stretch her legs again! If you all remember I started a thread earlier where I was going to twin turbo my car with a pair of incon twin turbo headers and I actually came across the rare k-member that came with it... well after getting somethings together I found out that it was really unpractical since I can't weld or fabricate much!
So I wasn't going to give up... I wanted a turbo'd cobra since there are very few 4v turbo's... Well once I figured out that it wouldn't fit I sold them off and bought a D&D K-member and ordered the K-member and front/rear coilovers from them on August 26th!!!! remember this date... very important... I got them on October 19th/20th... almost two month's later for a K-member kit... I highly do not recommend this company... they do not have their stuff together at all. The only reason I didn't file a chargeback was because I waited too long! *update* I had to go back and buy new MM front coilover's because the D&D's cross threaded themselves trying to compress the spring because it is made out of crappy @ss aluminum.
Alright enough talk... here are my build up pictures!
I started taking pictures late. I had already installed 42lb injectors and my FRPP plastic delete kit that I came across on corral:pepper:
I decided to add an accufab oval throttle body.
Have to remove the middle section
imgp0525gu7.jpg

Just a little shot of my new kirban adjustable fuel pressure regulator
imgp0526ed6.jpg

The new throttle body!
imgp0527mv4.jpg

imgp0528gd1.jpg

My new Autometer FP gauge
imgp0539qp4.jpg

No more A/C plus all the wires I had to run through the firewall
imgp0540jt2.jpg

Driver's side engine shot... EGR deleted/LM-1 Wideband 02 sensor/Oil feed line
imgp0541fw1.jpg

Oil feed line/autometer oil pressure gauge
imgp0542fd9.jpg

Water Temp Gauge/Poly Urethane Motor Mount
imgp0544ws7.jpg

Random Shot of My Thermostat Housing on the floor... I installed a 160 degree thermostat while it was out.
imgp0546bs7.jpg

TIAL 38mm wastegate
imgp0558ob8.jpg

A/C delete kit
imgp0559kv5.jpg

Finally, the open space where the turbo is going!
imgp0560mm6.jpg

Engine Shot
cimg1372td4.jpg

Another
cimg1373vr2.jpg

Pass Side Shot
cimg1374lw2.jpg

Exhaust Pipes (My only gripe about the Hellion Kit... But it is fine for how I drive my car)
cimg1375ee2.jpg

Intercooler Shot
cimg1376if8.jpg

Another
cimg1369vs1.jpg

Cockpit Shot
cimg1371oz4.jpg

Sorry, No pictures of my MAF or BOV. I promise the next time I have the bumper off I'll snap some pics.
Let me know what you guys think... I love it so far... Top Notch there at Hellion... I've been to 7lbs and it is insane!

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Thats SSIICCKK Bro! You got any vids, I'd love to hear what she sounds like. :boink:

OP
OP
S

svtsnakebitn

Reaction score
No vids yet... Just about finished breaking in the new Spec Stage 3! Hopefully I'll be getting some dyno time either this friday or next friday and I'm hoping for 500rwhp with a moderately safe tune! ;D

OP
OP
S

svtsnakebitn

Reaction score
Also, I'll be getting some more pics of the coilovers this weekend since the driver's side is sitting lower than the passenger side. And also I've removed the "braided stainless steel coolant hose" with a black radiator hose and it looks 100% better. Also I'll be putting in my new plugs and FRPP plug wires!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's sweet man, 360degree awsome. Nice work.

I hope you can video your dyno and post it up!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How does your clutch feel. Mine's breaking in too. It feels really grabby, it's hard to take off smooth/slow.
Is it just me?

OP
OP
S

svtsnakebitn

Reaction score
Dalamar
Mine is really stiff/grabby but it has been going away... do you hear a bunch of chatter when going from a stop that sounds like your tranny is about to fall out from under the car? Mine did that at the beginning but has gone away unless I get careless and don't do it just right.

bens4vcobra

Reaction score
>:DAmazing set up man. I have to ask you:

1. built motor?

2. stock or built/aftermarket tranny?

3. what gears you running?

4. how many miles?

5. i was skeptical about a turbo kit that claimed "no cutting/fabrication/modification" is it true?

OP
OP
S

svtsnakebitn

Reaction score
bens4vcobra:
1. No the motor is not built... I am buyin my mark VIII engine soon to tear down and forge.
2. Tranny is stock for now with upgrade Spec stg 3 clutch and fidanza aluminum flywheel
3. I am running 4.10 gears
4. 40,500 miles on the odo
5. The turbo kits lives to its word except for the 96-98 cobras where you have to grind of a piece of the coil bracket... but who needs a coil bracket that is bolted on ready for lift-off :dunno:... Also there were just 2 things that needed to be modified to that it fit PERFECTLY... they might have been able to stay the way they were but it wasn't up to my standards so I modified them!
ALL IN ALL THIS IS THE BEST KIT OUT THERE... I'VE HAD TWO PTK'S AND THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY THE WORST EVER... OH YEA AND IT TOOK THEM 2 MONTHS FOR A D**N HOT-SIDE AND I HAD MY WHOLE KIT FROM HELLION IN A WEEK!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
svtsnakebitn said:
Dalamar
Mine is really stiff/grabby but it has been going away... do you hear a bunch of chatter when going from a stop that sounds like your tranny is about to fall out from under the car? Mine did that at the beginning but has gone away unless I get careless and don't do it just right.
Yes it does, I was worried about that, and was gonna take it back in.
I was thinking something was coming loose?
WTF is up with that?!

How many miles do you have on yours. I've got like 10 lol.

It pisses me off, like backing into the driveway, or just rolling up at a light, it shakes and rattles.
Me no likie!
I gotta get it on the lift and take a look.

OP
OP
S

svtsnakebitn

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong... My budding just put one in his 3liter contour and it does the same exact thing.... I just think it is a Spec/Aftermarket clutch thing... I just try to not let it get really bad... I think it's just the grabbing power! Don't be worried... I have around 450 miles on it and i'm about to head to the track this friday! :banana: :dancing6:

skmcobra

Reaction score
Would love a ride in that badboy! Interested to see numbers and 1/4 mile times.

OP
OP
S

svtsnakebitn

Reaction score
Will have 1/4 mile times this friday/saturday! I finally have my clutch broken in a took it through some gears and the tune I have is perfectly fine for now. My A/F is right around 12.5-13 under WOT and cruising it is around there too :dancing6:

Wish me luck guys :pimp2:

97blackgt

Reaction score
wow that thing is a beast

get some times posted up man...good luck O0

bens4vcobra

Reaction score
svtsnakebitn said:
Will have 1/4 mile times this friday/saturday! I finally have my clutch broken in a took it through some gears and the tune I have is perfectly fine for now. My A/F is right around 12.5-13 under WOT and cruising it is around there too :dancing6:

Wish me luck guys :pimp2:

Good luck, and post those times asap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online