97 mustang gt front passanger parking light/blinker wiring question.

arieso94z28

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just recently bought a coyote swapped 1997 mustang gt. My problem is all the lights outside the car work except the front passanger parking light and blinker. The drivers side parking light and blinker work fine. I replaced the bulb and still nothing. I heard the multi switch could be a problem so I changed that out along with the headlight switch and plug. Still nothing, so I finally started looking at the wiring and then noticed that the wiring from the bulb is a whitle/blue strip, a brown, and then a black. Those go to a black plug that was disconnected. My question is where does this plug go to? Maybe these guys got rid of the wiring harness that it was suppose to plug into because there is no harness under the car. Does anyone have any pictures they can share. My only option to get the passanger front parking light and blinker to work would be to splice into the rear passanger parking light/blinker. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

arieso94z28

Reaction score
Here is a picture.

Attachments

• 15805158936055908864526457813679.jpg
    15805158936055908864526457813679.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 17

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Looks like you are missing some connection
I would look around at the junk yards to find it

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Signal light wire has a plug ,and a bulb socket that plugs into that
bulb , socket then wire harness
The socket comes off the harness

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
That plug in in your hand is in the main harness follow it down to the light to the corner of the fender and light corner that plug should be there
Check all the wires in that corner

OP
OP
A

arieso94z28

Reaction score
That plug in in your hand is in the main harness follow it down to the light to the corner of the fender and light corner that plug should be there
Check all the wires in that corner

Yes sir. The part in my picture is part of the main harness. I know that. I know where it goes to the corner parking light. The picture i took is what i have right now in my engine bay. My question is where is the other harness that it plugs to it coming from. Is it from the firewall?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Get under the car on the passenger side of the motor and the harness is probably tucked up there for some reason. The harness comes from the passenger side of the firewall and goes up the frame rails. the small round one I am pretty sure goes to the abs pump right there if you happen to have an abs light on.

OP
OP
A

arieso94z28

Reaction score
Get under the car on the passenger side of the motor and the harness is probably tucked up there for some reason. The harness comes from the passenger side of the firewall and goes up the frame rails. the small round one I am pretty sure goes to the abs pump right there if you happen to have an abs light on.

Well i did that and the harness is gone. The only harness that is going through the passanger side firewall is part of the coyote control pack. There are alot of wires under the dash that are cut. Is there anyway for me to wire up the light directly to the multi switch or headlight plug? Would anyone have a schematic or know which wires to tap into to make it work correctly and not have the hyper flash if i got it to work. Thanks again for all your help guys!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it actually comes out inside of the fender/firewall area and then there goes up into the engine bay. Take a peak inside the fender and see if you see anything.

OP
OP
A

arieso94z28

Reaction score
Well i ended up having to find the wires under the dash. They were cut. Got a schematic online and I ran new wire up to the front and now have parking lights and blinkers like it should be. Thanks again guys for the help!!

Adfalenski

Reaction score
As for the bare plugs at the harness, there is normally an AIR pump located in the fenderwell. It can be seen if the air filter box is removed and you look toward the tire. It was probably removed for the coyote upgrade.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online