98-01 cup holder into 94-97 ashtray trash swap and mod

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I used krylon fusion black on my plastic pieces and never noticed a difference in color. Before you even start to shoot that thing though you will want to scuff it really well go try and get down to some fresh plastic that has not gone through years of amerall conditioning. Do a good alcohol wipe and a adhesion promoter would not hurt as well.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
There is a slight difference at the bottom of the radio bezel portion of the consol and the shifter bezel. It will fit but there is going to be a slight difference in how they meet up is about the best way I can say it. It doesn't look absolutely hideous/horrible but to me personally its enough of a difference that it would drive me nuts... I am sure someone here as a pic of what it looks like and the people I know that did it said they didn't care but the ocd in me would never let it go. You can swap in the double din opening dash but you will need to trim a little of the underdash.

Personally I have to agree the modified cup holders just look weird to me. Of course I am not going to let anyone smoke in there but no need to waste the space. I made a 8-switch switch-bank and the also threw the remote for my gauges in there as well. Still able to close the door and super easy access to them.
23954204121_large.jpg

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Yeah the 94-97 consoles are nice if you want hidden switches. I was also under the impression that the shifter bezels were identical. If not oh well, I'll go find a 01-04 shifter bezel and paint that too...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online