98 Bab Saleen build thread

1bad95

Reaction score
Figured I'd finally make a build thread, even though it's going to be a lengthy process for a full build, but I'm in it for the long haul. Gonna just bring it all up to date.

1998 Saleen bone stock, nothing had ever been maintenanced. Bought from a guy in Iowa last May with 129k miles. All bushings in the suspension were shot along with the shocks and struts all blown, and a TOB making a bunch of chirping sounds.

On the Ride Home with it!!

First round of mods/repairs...
Bilstein shocks and struts, MM adjustable LCA's, UPR uppers, prothane bushings in the a arms, endlinks and sway bar bushings and dear diff housing, Ford Racing clutch kit and a upr o/r x pipe.

Decided I wanted to throw on some longtubes so I sold the upr x and picked up a set of ARH longtubes with a o/r x

Around same time I picked up a set of Bullitt brakes and had the windows tinted 20%

For Christmas my wife got me a set of bullitt pedals and a new Ford racing shift knob.

She also got me a new Ford Racing PI intake manifold and trickflow 75mm tb and upper plenum. I'm currently waiting on my gaskets to come in from tousley, so this is where I stand today.

Sold the rear 285's in favor of a set of 305's which I will pick up before the car comes back out when it warms up again!

Hope to have new updates sooner than later!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Mods if you can please move this to the build thread section? I could have sworn I had it in there but I guess I must be going blind lol

LI98GT

Reaction score
My favorite combo SN95 eva! Glad to see it in good hands and looking forward to seeing more.

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Doing a pi intake swap currently and then starting saving to have a blower hopefully bought for next winter install session haha. Then by the following winter I hope to have the cash to pull the motor and throw in some forged rods & pistons and a set of pi heads and blower cams and hopefully crank up the boost to get me in the 475-500 area!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mods if you can please move this to the build thread section? I could have sworn I had it in there but I guess I must be going blind lol

done!

also, that BAB is poppin'!!! it looks fantastic.

Hows the IM swap going?

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Thanks Chris! Still awaiting my gaskets, USPS is slow as dirt. Gonna get the crossover drilled and tapped for the temp sensor and hopefully have it together by the weekend. Working on cleaning up some things and maybe going to throw some paint on the new tb and plenum

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
I hope to have the cash to pull the motor and throw in some forged rods & pistons and a set of pi heads and blower cams and hopefully crank up the boost to get me in the 475-500 area!

Awesome, look forward to reading about your progress and I hope you reach your HP goals.

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Thanks Michael, I actually am really regretting selling my yellow 95. You car was always an inspiration to me and now with the Saleen kit it is absolute perfection!

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Thanks Michael, I actually am really regretting selling my yellow 95. You car was always an inspiration to me and now with the Saleen kit it is absolute perfection!

WOW, I'm honored you just made my day. Personally, I don't think my car is special other than it makes good power and looks decent rolling down the road. There are so many other cars especially on here that I like a lot and I try to aspire to. But thanks again.

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
You bet. Your car was in the nitto or bfg tire ad wasn't it years ago in the mustang mags? Had all the pics of a bunch of cars. Loved your before with the cobra bumper and it just got 100x more awesome with the saleen kit. My fav car by far, always has been.

myk

Reaction score
Your Saleen is the pinnacle of the SN95 platform, IMO. Awesome car. Did you punch the owner in the face for not taking care of that beautiful machine?

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Thanks Myk! Guy was pretty weird. Car started out in California when new, then was in CO and then made its way to Iowa. I don't think any of them cared for it like it should have been

bggore

Reaction score
Nice car! I have a 97 moonlight blue S281 with a coyote.

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Thanks bggore! Same one from the mustang week burnout vids? Def would love to 5.0 swap mine. I think I saw you build on svtp possibly?

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
New rear tires are ordered and should have em next weds! Ordered up a set of Nitto 555r drag radials, 305/35/18! Also should have the intake swap finished up tomorrow I hope, just so darn cold in the garage lol

bggore

Reaction score
Thanks bggore! Same one from the mustang week burnout vids? Def would love to 5.0 swap mine. I think I saw you build on svtp possibly?

That's the car. I didn't build it, but I have it now. The guy that got it from Christian abused it, so I have been repairing and improving it the past few months. I plan on putting a turbo, but not sure at this point... I need paint before I go down that road...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah