98 cobra info

boosted347

Reaction score
well just purchased a new to me 98 cobra 73,000 miles and I am not familiar with what is internally done with the stock motor? (used to the 5.0's) I would like to know if I would be safe to turbo or supercharge my car without making any internal motor work? and if any one has the specs on my car would be interested in seeing that also. thanks

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
You can turbo or s/c the stock motor as long as you don't get too greedy. :)

4.6L DOHC 4V/cylinder

Manufacturer's ratings
305 hp
300 tq

The 1999 and earlier engines featured an aluminum block cast in Italy by Fiat subsidiary Teksid S.p.A. (thus the name "Teksid block")

slow98cobra

Reaction score
Our cars love boost. The internals would be fine up to around 9 psi or so but you can push it a little more with an excellent and safe tune. Which should give you around 400+ to the wheels. Make sure you get an intercooled kit as an added safety precaution plus they make more power. If planning on anymore than 430 to the wheels then you better start saving up for the build with will replace your pistons and rods with forged components. Don't have to worry bout the crank because it is already forged. Our blocks can handle over a 1000 horsepower easy so no worries there. The main thing when doing any kind of forced induction is getting a proper tune from a reputable shop. :thumb:

OP
OP
B

boosted347

Reaction score
thanks guys when I go to throw the boost to it modular powerhouse is definatly goin to be the ones tuning it

SMOKE

Reaction score
boosted347 said:
thanks guys when I go to throw the boost to it modular powerhouse is definatly goin to be the ones tuning it

Good choice ... they are awesome, even on 4Vs. :coolsmiley:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online