98 cobra power windows ??

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
My windows just stop working out of no were... There is no real fuse to check I swap the get one it used .. Still nothing

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
there is a fuse somewhere and it is the first place to check. Don't bother with the manual just go in and pull/check each fuse until you have seen them all. I think the way they wired the car made for some confusion as it was amazing how after doing that and finding a blown fuse, if you checked what the manual said that fuse had nothing to do with the problem at hand. Don't forget the box under the hood. After you have confirmed every fuse in the car is good we will start checking the switches next.

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Yes both windows.. They were fine.. When I got to work they would not roll up or down.. There is nothing else not working.. The only fuse I could find on the diagram is one of the grey small solid ones..

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
did you check the fuses under the hood?

have you dissassembled the door yet? getting to those switches to inspect for corrosion isnt too hard.

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
No.. That's why I figure I ask.. I had window trouble before but it usually a fuse motor or switch.. But this time both windows just stop working at the same time.. I'll check all my fuses first chance I get..

Slykin

Reaction score
Is your window lock enabled? I know that sounds really stupid.. because it is.. but I did that once. I tore my door open and everything but I just had the windows locked :(

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I don't have a window lock.. I'm pottery sure there is something lose somewhere but I can't find it unless they stop working again..

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I remember this. Turned out the harness was dangling and sometimes it would catch on the track and short out.. patch the cables tied the harness back. No issues again..

damon81nola

Reaction score
Lol I’m not jacking his thread but I have the same issue in my 96 and still don’t know what’s causing it. Both at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I remember this. Turned out the harness was dangling and sometimes it would catch on the track and short out.. patch the cables tied the harness back. No issues again..

Holy hell!!! Look what the cat dragged in !!!!! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online