98 Cobra Problems

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
Amazing.. so about 10 minutes ago i hop in my car to leave my friends house and im greeted with my cobra not starting on me!!! Battery is fine (stereo, lights, alarm, everything turns on), starters sounds fine.. car wants to turn over but it wont. I havent really gotten to take a look at it yet but im just going to post it up on here so maybe by the morning you guys can give me a couple things to look over. Oh and tomorrow is my first day of work at my dads friends place, so now i get to drive there crappy diesel jetta. Please help me guys!! the car has been sittin at my friends house for about 24 hours without being ran... and it ran perfectly before I parked it.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
my dad said it sounded like there wasnt any gas getting to the engine.. its just the starter trying to turn over.. the engine never actually "turns".. how can something go bad that fast from just sitting there?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
could be the relay/soleniod for the fuel pump, turn the key but dont start, you should hear it whine/turn on. if not get someone to put their head down behind/under your car and listen for it. thats the 1st step if you ask me.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
alright thanks matt.. i have to take my friend to school (my cars at his house) so when i get there ill do that and when i get off of work ill let you know. Thanks again.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i feel like a moron but I fixed it! The transponder in my key fell out while I was at my friends house and he rememberd it falling out. Popped it in my key and VROOOOOM! car started up! Thanks for the help ne ways matt, I should have told my dad there was still a problem so I could get my whole fuel system upgraded ;D .. hahah nah but thanks ne ways man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4.6 Gt ragtop

Members online