98 cobra transmission crossmember

KHub98

Reaction score
Doing a full 4.6 cobra swap into a 94 v6. Run into a issue during install today with the transmission crossmember from the cobra sitting back farther than the v6 mounts. Is there a crossmember available that will work or any solutions other than cut and weld new brackets? Thanks in advance for the help.

96gt4.6

Reaction score
not sure how the cross member mounts on a 94 v6. but the cobra cross member is the same as the Gt. the mounts on the cobra are bolt in. so from what your saying i would cut off the v6 mounts and get the cobra mounts drill and bolt them in

Kboss87

Reaction score
This is a bit of a dated thread...but anyway...

stifflers makes some awesome swap crossmembers. I just used one in my 94 for a t56 magnum swap. you can adjust them a lot. Try to contact them.

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
I just used a stiffler's to swap in a 3650 into my 98 GT. They make a crossmember for putting a 96-98 Cobra spec T-45 into a non Cobra car which is this one or you can just buy the Cobra crossmember bracket/setup but you have to drill and bolt/weld that one in. The Stiffler's just goes right into place and gives you the added bonus of an actual bushing, more space and its a top notch piece. Its like if the AJE stuff didn't suck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online