98 cobra

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Got some eibach sportline going to drop this thing.. Hopefully I can get away with no CC plates for a while..

FrankenStang

Reaction score
ya these 4v we gotta keep them above 2.5k for power...anything below is useless...maby urs also has stuck open or deleted imrc's which will bogg it off the line a bit..sweet car though man, i like !

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks.. Did a tune up and it helped allot.. Not bad I haven't gotten any codes for the imrcs yet but they are there..

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Threw the springs on there.. Looks way better now.. Rides a lil stiffer but it's not uncomfortable.. Added some MM CC plates.. WAY better than UPR ones on my 95 by far..

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
20121102_142135_zps0653d9c9.jpg

Lowered on sportlines

BigBore96

Reaction score
I like it. I've got a soft spot for white cobras. And I personally love those 98 cobra wheels. If only they were a 17x9....

How are you liking it now that you've had it a while?

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I like it.. Thinking about painting the rims white.. If I like them then I'll prob powder coat them.. I got some rpf1 18'a I might plastic dip white just to see if I like the look.. This 4v I'd growing on me.. Just about got all the bugs worked out . There is one that is giving me a hard time tho.. The idle surge like a vac leak but I can't find one doesn't really hang tho. I let off and go into neutral and it will come down to idle speed but it will surge some before it settles .. sometimes the idle will just stick at 2k and won't come down... I replaced the tps and cleaned the iac.. Only code I'm getting now is for not having cats.. Damn rear 02...

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Well if you had a 2v I'd be able to help you on the last bug lol but everything's a little different :)

Nice car tho man! I'm really beginning to like SN Cobra's and almost got a 94 myself lol

Must be nice to live in a state where you can have 2 mustangs and daily them year round lol!

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Texas for you... Ha jk.. We get crappy weather too makes it hard to drive them sometimes.. should of got the 94.. This things are so easy to work on I won't think twice tearing into my 95.. But the 98 I think real hard.. There is no room to do Shit under the hood.. Except changing spark plus easiest ever so far.. Its a real pain on the 95..

BigBore96

Reaction score
I thought the 2v and 4v were pretty similar even some stuff interchanged??

They are they share a lot but are way way different. It's weird.

Your idle may be just a bad iac. Cleaning them helps but I've had to replace mine before when cleaning doesn't. Another thing you can try is the IAC restriction plate. See how the car responds to it.

On a side note though, definitely do white rims! <3 white stangs with a nice white rim. When I had my white cobra I really wanted to rock some white wheels. Was thinking about doing white 03s, but those 98s should look awesome white.

http://3.7mustang.com/vb/attachment...and-new-not-1-scratch-quickcobrawheeelpic.jpg
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8596/1115900563270dscn93678gp.jpg

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I'm going to be working 19 days straight.. So when I finally get a day off im going to pull the QH off the 95 stick it on the 98 and data log see what its doing before I keep spending money..

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Also with those springs deff pick up a nice set of shocks/struts as the other ones are prolly OEM and are worn to crap. Will make the car ride a ton better with the springs.

Car is clean though. Glad to hear your starting to like it and its starting to get the bugs worked out. Youll learn to love this motor dont worry!
I doubt this guy did any mods to IMRCs specially if you have a high gear like 3.73s. I know people say go right to 4.30s. And I agree, depending on what you do driving wise.

Like me Ill be going 3.90s for now until i switch to a 6spd way down the line. It isnt that i fear the gear. Its because Im building it for a certain application. Thats also the reason my car is lowered but still sits higher than everyone else on here. All done for a reason.

Ide listen to big bore. I would just replace the IAC. And if it has LTs on it and this guy never got a tune, it might not be helping. These cars definitively need a tune after LTs at least.
Also wires definitely FRPP 9mm. If you havnt done the plugs yet, im going to suggest running some seafoam through it. It might just unclog some things and help it wake up a little. Some will agree, some wont. But if you decide to do it, its a good time to change plugs afterwards.
And I take it you did the fuel filter already? Is the air filter cleaned(god knows what kinda care was done or how it was driven).

Then do a nice oil change on it if it needs it. Again dunno its history. Just putting out the preventative maint things people have already said.
Depending on if its been sitting or never opened up. You might need to do just that, open her up. But I would be weary of doing so without a tune and having LTs.. imo

Big bore. Glad to see another 4v guy..

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Changed everything except the wires so far... Going to order some one of this days.. I just did not want to place an order for just wires I wait till I have a few things.. I doubt it has a tune hell it even has the wrong Speedo gear for the 3.73

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
3.55 speedo gears are the highest you can buy. Once you get past that point you have to use a FRPP speedo-cal box. its super simple to install (splice two wires on the tranny harness)

You can get 3.55 (and lower) speedo-gears from steeda.
NOTE: They have 373 and 410 gears listed, but if you look at the part number, they are the same as the 355s. I know because I bought the 410 gear and it didnt fix shit. called them and their garbage customer service told me "well duh. look at the part number."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online