98 gt exhaust ?

kennyz

Reaction score
well i had a BBK X-pipe with cats on my car and i just got my hands on a set of Mac off road X-pipe and i put them on my car and started it up and it sounded great i even made a video but it was raining out and didn't feel like taking it out that night.I took it out today and ooooo my god it sounds like CRAP!!!! it reminds me of a camaro :puke: it has a really bad rasp to it when there is a load on it. Is there anything i can do to it to make it sound better and make the rasp go away? i didn't pay for the x pipe i got it for free so it not the end of the world if i have to sell it

here is set up
Mac O/R X
Mac catback

Click here to see Video

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I always hear people complain about X's sounding raspy but i think it depends on the catback you use. My Bassani X sounds great with my Borla catback. Very muscular like a 5.0...
I'm not a fan of that Camaro/Truck sound either...like you get from SLP's.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
My SLP O/R X and Flows do not sound like that. It sounds better then Flows and an H, IMO. Its def. not raspy at all.

jpajkos

Reaction score
+1 get an H pipe. I love my X pipe will never change it out. I love the annoying, obnoxsious, raspy making people rubber neckin to look at my car sound.

Stock 96 GT

Reaction score
My Bassani O/R X and catback go together like peanut butter and jelly. Not really raspy at all, just raw and mean. I think it depends on what catback you have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online