98 gt export tail lights

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i wanted some originally...but all read light just look too good on a red stang....so i got sequential :thumb:

95-stang

Reaction score
I've got the amber ones, but i have a standard set with all red lenses just waiting to be painted, everything here is already amber. ;)

OP
OP
J

jmstang66

Reaction score
god those tail lights are sexy!! i want a pair baaaaaaaaad

voidfinger

Reaction score
so the only difference is the amber little things on the bottom.... looks really busy. But its ok i guess.

95-stang

Reaction score
Well i know the wirings different [i have the bulbs holders\wiring harness as well] due to the fact when you lot turn left or right over there, it does'nt flash the way ours do. If i turn left in my Focus and brake at the same time, both red brake lights illuminate, and the amber flashes as well to indicate which way i'm turning.
So i assume the export wiring is obviously different in some way. ;)

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
yup, wiring is just a little different, but not by much. it just takes a few wires that need to be spliced in at the taillight area, and one wire that needs to be cut under the dash. no biggie. i went a head and rewired it so that all three bars light up when you hit the brakes so mine was a little more complicated.

OP
OP
J

jmstang66

Reaction score
yeah...since i cant find those amber tail lights i was wanting to get all three tail lights to light up when you hit the breaks, but couldnt figure it out...we tried making a homemade thingy that went from the wire into the socket of the inner light but it didnt work...howd you do yours?

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
i went a slightly easier way and bought a used taillight harness off of ebay, and just used the 2 sockets that have all three wires (major, minor, and ground) for the third light. i took off the 2 wire socket and replace it with the 3 wire socket, then just spliced the wires onto the neighboring original 3 wire socket. its a parallel circuit, not a circuit in series, so the brightness of all the lights wont diminish.

because i wanted to keep the original harness un-molested (i did this way before i did the export light upgrade) i didnt cut off the 2 wire socket, i just left it hanging there, but i took off the bulb and used electrical tape to cover up where the bulb should be.

what you can do tho, if you dont want to buy another harness or sockets, is get a piece of wire and stick put it in the socket so the 2 wire socket now becomes a 3 wire socket (the missing wire is the major wire, the rubber protector comes off easy enough and then you can use a paperclip or a needle to make the hole for the extra wire). the tricky part would be to make sure its always making contact with the bulb. i *THINK* you can just put it in there and use the bulb to hold the wire in, but i can remember exactly how everything is positioned inside the socket. if you can get it to hold in there, then you would just need to splice in that wire to the neighboring socket and you should be all said and done. at the time i didnt know i could get away with doing this, so i bought the harness.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
This is totally unhelpful.... But I've always been happy with the Dearborn ADM tailight's :hammer:

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
Jrgunn5150 said:
This is totally unhelpful.... But I've always been happy with the Dearborn ADM tailight's :hammer:

hahahaha, so was i, until i saw a 99 cobra using the turn signals in the evening dusk, and new thats what i wanted for my car. almost made them myself too, but then i found this pair (and i was too lazy to make them myself, hahaha)

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
jmstang66 said:
dearborn adm taillights?

dearborn American Domestic Motors (or Market) taillights. ever heard of JDM (Japan Domestic Motors)? same thing, but American.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
jmstang66 said:
dearborn adm taillights?

little ricer talk I picked up on the G35 boards, lol. American Domestic Motors, or factory tailights.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
Jrgunn5150 said:
little ricer talk I picked up on the G35 boards, lol. American Domestic Motors, or factory tailights.

you're gonna ditch us for one of those, right?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
My wife drives one, it's actually really nice, maybe when I'm like 50 I'll enjoy luxury and speed like that, lol.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
yeah, my friend has the 350z verison of it, its nice and all, and if i could i would buy one, i prob would, but not to replace the mustang

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online