98 GT Kinda-sorta build thread.

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
Well, guess Ill start a slight build (more like replace all the broken sh!t that was on this car) thread. First thing I did was front Struts and rear shocks, along with wheel hubs/bearings. The guy must have hit a curb doing about 40 to jack the front suspension up that bad. The car rode like complete crap...pulled to the right, wheel bearing noise from the front, extreme clicking sound from the rack. Almost walked away from it to be honest. First picture is the day I brought her home.

Day 1:

Suspension tear down. Notice the crap headlights.

Second thing to go was the terrible headlights....literally could not see a thing with them. Found cobra headlights on CL for $80.

I couldn't take the crappy sound of the stock exhaust system, so I purchased magnaflow exhaust from a guy that is actually a member on here, but don't know his name....After trying to decide what direction I was going, I decided to resell the exhaust system, and had a buddy of mine who owns an exhaust shop hook me up with a realtively cheap exhaust system. Flowmaster series mufflers, and 3" exhaust tips. But, I am not happy with the sound, and will more than likely be getting a catback system soon.

OP
OP
V

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
I got extremely busy with the wife and kids and the project kinda stalled for a while. Fixed the dent and marked all the dings I need to get out of it before paint...

Then I was able to pick up a bumper that needs to be prepped still...

I like the spoiler less look so I found a trunk lid that didn't have a spoiler, but a rather weird GT badge...not sure if I will keep it or not.

OP
OP
V

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
As of yesterday, Finally replaced the rack/pinion and installed the lowering springs...

OP
OP
V

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
Here is the new rack installed....was not too difficult at all....just a tight squeeze

OP
OP
V

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
this was literally 10 minutes after I got it on the ground. The rear end is kind of stressing me out and making me wish I removed the rear ISO's. But this morning, when I left for work, the passenger side is slightly lower than the driver side in the rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online