98 GT PI swap green machine

Timbo1jz

Reaction score
Nice to be on this forum, thought I would document my build on my 98 GT. This is my 4th SN95. I was convinced I wanted a Cobra so, my last car was a 99 Cobra and I really hated that car. All my other stangs were 2 valves and loved them. The cobra sounded nice and looked nice, but the powerband was too hard to get used too. No low end torque and the damn valve guides were shot so it smoked on startup. How embarrassing, lol! I was going to drop 8 grand and do a full forged rebuild but realized the car was just not worth that kind of money put into it. My old pi swapped 97 felt way faster. Anyways picked up a super clean 98 GT with 140k that I love. Car just needs the pi heads to make me satisfied, cause it lacks power up top. Right now I have o/r h pipe to magnaflows, c&l plenum to bbk 70mm throttle body, k&n cold air intake, heavy duty clutch/flywheel, 3.90 gears with 305 nitto drag radials in back. I pieced together my pi parts over the last month ang installing them this weekend, so I'm excited
Windsor rebuild pi heads
bbk shorty headers
windsor valve covers
new water pump, thermostat, coolent hose, nipple
windsor timing cover bolts/studs
ford racing head gasket kit
ford racing pi intake manifold
mmr timing chaing guide/tensioner kit
Mmr flexible dipstick tube
sct BAMA tuner
motorcraft plugs
poly motor mounts

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Hey man, good to have you here! You should go over and make an introduction thread. Then post up some pictures of this thing.

OP
OP
T

Timbo1jz

Reaction score
Sorry about double post, please delete this thread. Pics are in the other thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online