98' GT STEAL

Blueraz_5.0

Reaction score
Well, I'm not new here, (mods feel free to take this down, I wasn't sure where to introduce the new car, I can move it elsewhere if needed), but I just recently picked up a steal. Previously, I had a blue 94' Gt droptop, which is in... questionable shape (no convertible top or frame, broken bolts on the block, blown head gasket, etc.) But on an impulse scroll through offerup (bad idea, I know) and found a droptop '98 GT. It was sitting for about 5 years, used as a daily driver, garage/carport kept those 5 years it hadn't run, and looked kinda eh. (thick layer of dust and grime, couldn't tell anything about it.) It was listed as missing title, and needed to be gone that day. Turns out the owner had misplaced the title, but had all the proof necessary to go down the week I got it and do a title transfer. Sounds normal so far right? It was a single owner, with 97k miles, perfect condition. Owner had a fun car (fox) and took care of his daily religiously. Sunshade any time he stopped (texas sun on those dashes... ugh), regular oil changes and by-the-book maintenance. Almost perfect paint (just the front bumper had rockchips), back bumper had been repainted by ford, other than that all original. Nothing on this car had been modified, or changed. Fully optioned out, Black on black on black, Mach 460 sound, original tonneau cover, both original keys and fobs (with the dealer slip still on the spare set!! With the nice check on 'new' from when he bought it back in 98!) Now that I've hyped this up, you might be wondering what's the catch? I've put a new intake manifold on the car, a fuel pump (that was all it needed to run smoothly,) plugs and wires, for a total of $300. After repairs, (haven't had a single issue since, no lights, no small issues that don't matter, nothing. Its in perfect condition interior and exterior), my overall total for this beauty, $3300. Yep. (97k miles, single owner, perfect condition, I paid 3k. This is the best deal I think I've ever came across, and probably the best one I'll ever make. :)

IMG_3037.JPG

The beauty herself, after a quick wash, before claybar and wax!
Just wanted to share how excited I am about this car :)

Clutch Cargo

Reaction score
I have always liked those rims. I was planning to replace my '94 16" GT rims with those until I found out you cannot have them chromed because they are aluminum and will crack.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I agree with nc94GT ...very nice score! And congratulations with a very fun platform!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online