98 GT vs. 2010 Camaro SS (Track video inside) *updated*

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
So i went out to the local drag strip last Friday and ran a newerish Camaro. Didnt run my best time but as you can see from the video it was pretty humid out that night and the track was slightly unprepped. I launched it about about 4800 and it hooked fairly good just a little bit more wheel spin than i was hoping. Sorry the video is unedited but if you want to skip to the non boring parts you can start playing it around the 1.30-1.50 mark.

[video=youtube;BPNytdShlOM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPNytdShlOM[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPNytdShlOM

there we go

OP
OP
Ninety8stang

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
I had to update it for some reason it wasn't working on my computer. I think it was because I was using firefox but everythings all good now. haha but the link is now updated.

OP
OP
Ninety8stang

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
Thanks! Unfortunately it wasn't my best run but just as long as I put it on a Camaro its easily just as good as a personal best. haha

chris91

Reaction score
Hellz yeah! When you say mild port job what all did you do? What kinda hp she layin down?

OP
OP
Ninety8stang

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
Damn those are some decent numbers. Non PI bottom end?

haha yeah. 10.5cc dish piston with a good amount of surfaced off the head and the block, as of right now i figure my compression is somewhere nearing the 10.5-11:1 range. Havent done the calculations but thats what im thinking its sitting at.

chris91

Reaction score
I think that's going to be my next step after getting my trans done. Need to build me a nice bottom end to compliment the top end I have.

OP
OP
Ninety8stang

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
I think that's going to be my next step after getting my trans done. Need to build me a nice bottom end to compliment the top end I have.

If i were you i would leave the compression ratio alone. the one thing i regret is building my car to be N/A. now that im bored with my set up im not going to be able to throw a lot of boost at it. I would probably be safe around 6-8lbs but i would much rather have 10-12. haha

chris91

Reaction score
I don't see boost in this cars future. If I decide I want boost I'm just going to pick up a Terminator and call it a day. :)

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i raced an LS1 camero at the track and we were neck and neck every time (15 seconds) -- i had no idea what camaros should run, so i just thought ford and chevy put them side-by-side, ya know?

anyways, me and the driver get talking and we keep grudge running because they are such close races (that he would win by a half car or so)

at the end of the day a track worker comes up on his mini-scooter and it turns out his cousin has been driving it. and i said i had a blast because they were such close races. He's like "yea. it wouldnt be so close except i have my spare tire. and my jack. and my school stuff." and his cousin is like "and your tools!"

turns out i was racing against a driver who'd never driven the car before, was afraid of red-lining the thing, and it was completely bogged down with hundreds of pounds of crap. LOL.

NPI shitbox FTL. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online