98 Paint

Katstang

Reaction score
So I have 3 98 stangs, 2 of them are interesting to say the least when it comes to the paint jobs. 1 is a Pacific green gt vert, the other is a reo red v6, both of them seem to have a different shade of color on the front fender panels (both of them) than the rest of the body. Has anyone else seen this before? Is it something that happined with the 98's or wtf? Seems strange to me.

Attachments

• 20210527_124150.jpg
    20210527_124150.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210527_124212.jpg
    20210527_124212.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 15

95opal

Reaction score
Looks lile the front ends been replaced

Monday

Reaction score
Is the shading the same on passenger's side?

The Rio looks 'stock'; kinda like mine, and it's stock body... the green vert is sketchy. Need pictures underneath to see if anything has ever been done.

Both would be awesome projects!!! Lucky Car Guy :)

Monday

Reaction score
Yeah...

Your Rio looks good. Pinstripes are correct. The Headlights are stock; the Tail-lights are suspect...

delling3

Reaction score
The red one pictured in the OP is NOT Rio Red. It is Laser Red Metallic. My '96 vert is RIO RED.

Attachments

• IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 3

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought it looked more laser red myself and that would explain the difference in that one. Laser red is known to fade and if it was replaced from another car it will not match.

OP
OP
Katstang

Katstang

Reaction score
Ok I can't say for certain because I'm not the first owner of either car, but I think that would be a but ironic to get two cars that had the front end replaced with off shade panels. And yes it is the same on both sides of both cars. And tho I can't say for sure I dont see evidence of either having a smashed on front end, the green one it is very possible tho, the air bags got set off before I bought it and both badges are gone from the panels, but the red one I bought not running and it is turning into a parts car slowly, it doesn't look like it's ever had that kind of damage tho. But I dont know. Just kinda odd I thought.

OP
OP
Katstang

Katstang

Reaction score
Yeah...

Your Rio looks good. Pinstripes are correct. The Headlights are stock; the Tail-lights are suspect...
Ahhhhhh you noticed that too. Yes the first time I saw that car that was the first thing I said. The green one had a blues tail light bezel when I got it. The one in the pic actually, but I got some paint and matched it. The red one's look brand new as far as the clear parts of it, I'm not sure what is up with the bezels being that far off color, I just figured they got replaced, maybe someone thought it looked cool that way, I don't know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online