9838stangs money pit pony dabbling in nittous

9838stang

Reaction score
Ok everyone, i know there are other places where people have started discussions on where to get the best kits, and this is better here and there.

I am having some questions as to what items i will need to get my kit up and going.

I am looking at this kit.
https://lmr.com/item/NO-001014010/1996-04-Mustang-Gt-46L-2V-Nitrous-Kit-Wet-Plate-System

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/efi-we...rous-outlet-2-valve-mustang-plate-system.html

I love the reviews on it, it looks like a lot cleaner install vs the nozzle setup. I know it comes with the harness fuel lines solenoids and basic switches.

I am looking to use this kit, with a 100 shot and add a bottle warmer, purge kit, and some sort of window switch. Basically, my goals for the window switch, i dont want it to activate unless it has greater than x% throttle position, as well as not past xxxx rpms. But i would like the option as well if possible to have it shut off at xxxxrpms. Ideally, id like to use this kit from 3500-4000 rpms up through 6000-6100 rpms. before that window and after that window if possible id like the nitrous kit to turn off, in case i bounce the rpms off the redline.
On top of the kits on nitrous outlet they as what kind of fuel and nitrous pressure guages would i like. I am new to that. im also assuming i am going to need an a/f ratio guage.

I will be upgrading my clutch, and then adding some 17x9 silver fr500 wheels out back with a 17" drag radial of some sort.

Any ideas on where i can improve my needs or where i am going wrong here?

My plans are shooting for mid 12's hopefully low 12's since i was able to hit a 13.8 @ 99.95

I already have a upr k member about to go on, and i have BBK longtubes, and catted BBK midpipe ready to go on as well

I am looking at adding an exedy 400 stage 2 clutch, the wheels and tires, and then get my exhaust too. and using the plate kit with a 100 wet shot.

thanks all

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Once you start the chase never ends ! :grin: :thumbsup: 16's to the 13's. 13's to the 12's - 12's to the 10's etc :headbang:

So if im understanding you correctly you want to wire it into your window switch!? CHU CRA-ZY? lol. Idk man to much chance of a mal-function. It should be a button or a place that will only be pressed when you plan to GO with no chance of an accidental activation.

SwitchPanel.jpg

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
That's what this window switch I heard of is suppose to do. It reads your tps and measures when it is at WOT, and when it is at idle. You can have the system trigger to come on at 80% let's say. And if you start to get out of the groove and take your foot back. The system will read that, and if the reading brings it down to 80% or under, it will reactive until the 80% mark is reached.

Also like to have something in the way of an rpm cut off switch. Just so I don't load the engine if I miss a shift. Let's say my car stops making power at 6200 rpm and I keep going until 6250. I want the spray to shut off at 6000 or 6100 rpms. Just so it wont over fill the intake.

My buddy had a system like this in his camaro but it is a lingenfelter kit for the newest camaros.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
That's what this window switch I heard of is suppose to do. It reads your tps and measures when it is at WOT, and when it is at idle. You can have the system trigger to come on at 80% let's say. And if you start to get out of the groove and take your foot back. The system will read that, and if the reading brings it down to 80% or under, it will reactive until the 80% mark is reached.

Also like to have something in the way of an rpm cut off switch. Just so I don't load the engine if I miss a shift. Let's say my car stops making power at 6200 rpm and I keep going until 6250. I want the spray to shut off at 6000 or 6100 rpms. Just so it wont over fill the intake.

My buddy had a system like this in his camaro but it is a lingenfelter kit for the newest camaros.

Interesting, I still think the button in the center console will be less trouble and less risk of a failure

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
I think you guys are talking about different window switches lol. There is a window switch that operates your window then a different one used for nitrous

Reaction score
Nos?! Where did this come from?! Im excited and worried at the same time...

Once you start the chase never ends ! :grin: :thumbsup: 16's to the 13's. 13's to the 12's - 12's to the 10's etc :headbang:

So if im understanding you correctly you want to wire it into your window switch!? CHU CRA-ZY? lol. Idk man to much chance of a mal-function. It should be a button or a place that will only be pressed when you plan to GO with no chance of an accidental activation.

SwitchPanel.jpg

Jeez its could...let me just
*presses wrong button*
*thrown back in seat*
*drag races vin diesel*
*almost had him*

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
I think you guys are talking about different window switches lol. There is a window switch that operates your window then a different one used for nitrous

Thank you for clarifying

Allen wasnt too specific

Allen, next time say "id like to wire it into my window switch panel and create a new switch in a location with preventive measures that cannot be activated by accident yours truly, 9838stang."

Royal96

Reaction score
Thank you for clarifying

Allen wasnt too specific

Allen, next time say "id like to wire it into my window switch panel and create a new switch in a location with preventive measures that cannot be activated by accident yours truly, 9838stang."

You may still be confused.

A window switch is not a physical switch or button you hit, but rather a module that "switches" on during a specific "window", or when certain parameters are met. So basically, as 9838stang mentioned, he wants it to activate when, lets say, he's past 60% throttle and between 4000 and 6000 RPM (Example numbers, I have no idea what he's actually shooting for). So >60% Throttle and 4000-6000RPM is his "window".

So essentially, a window switch that rolls your window up and down and a window switch that rolls your horsepower up and down have absolutely nothing to do with each other except the words "window switch".

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
You may still be confused.

A window switch is not a physical switch or button you hit, but rather a module that "switches" on during a specific "window", or when certain parameters are met. So basically, as 9838stang mentioned, he wants it to activate when, lets say, he's past 60% throttle and between 4000 and 6000 RPM (Example numbers, I have no idea what he's actually shooting for).

So essentially, a window switch that rolls your window up and down and a window switch that rolls your horsepower up and down have absolutely nothing to do with each other except the words "window switch".

So basicly anytime the bottle is on and he gets on it it activates? Sounds sketchy if the computer doesnt listen... Id want a manual start stop thats like a given for me... maybe thats why im confused

Royal96

Reaction score
So basicly anytime the bottle is on and he gets on it it activates? Sounds sketchy if the computer doesnt listen... Id want a manual start stop thats like a given for me... maybe thats why im confused

I have no first hand experience with them, just a basic understanding of how they work, but as far as I am aware, yes. You just don't have the bottle cracked open when you're not planning on driving hard and using the nitrous.
This is pure speculation but I'm fairly certain you can (and may be required to in order to pass tech inspection at a strip) wire in a override cutoff switch.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
I have no first hand experience with them, just a basic understanding of how they work, but as far as I am aware, yes. You just don't have the bottle cracked open when you're not planning on driving hard and using the nitrous.

This is pure speculation but I'm fairly certain you can (and may be required to in order to pass tech inspection at a strip) wire in a override cutoff switch.
[MENTION=20901]Royal96[/MENTION] Yes seems like it would help your et if it worked right, if it were me id just want a failsafe, start stop buttons as pictured above for safety ontop of allens method would be perfect.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
So the point is allen, put in a fail safe on top of your idea and youll be good to go, good luck pal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online