9838stang's Money Pit Pony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
perfect!! get a hoot with the new stance asap!

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
looks awesome....any metal on metal noises since removing the ISO's? I think I am going to pull the trigger and just remove them.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
looks awesome....any metal on metal noises since removing the ISO's? I think I am going to pull the trigger and just remove them.

I wrapped them in electrical tape. So far nothing, if that does happen, I may get some liquid electrical tape and make a nice coating.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This thread represents a LOT of work, you have really transformed your mustang. Nice work!
great stance and finish. I like the white lettering on your wheels.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
After a week of running the new swaybar end links, i blew out the bushings. Looks like the factory sway bar end links were shorter than these. So i assume these were under way more stress and couldnt take the abuse. So i bought these

the blow out bushing on the end links. All 8 were doing this

and this is the length difference..

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
I was on my was home from a lunch date with the girl friend today. On my way home, I went down a small stretch of highway and saw part of the road buckled. I hit the brake to lessen the hit. I was able to save my wheel but the wheel bounced up and hit the fender and took a chunk of bondo out... bummer

When i got the car, the fender that is on the car right now this very second was a complete bondo case. Well the I had no idea it was and my first winter with the car, i was kicking off a snow bugger of the car and happen to see a massive chunk of bondo fall off the car. I replaced that fender with another and painted that fender. After a couple of months and a run in with a guy who loves to clean car and used his own cleaning stuff, which killed the paint. I replaced that fender with original fender. Before hand i took a bunch of the old bondo out of the fender. Some chunks were do big they could be the same size of a golf ball. After getting the metal back to where it was suppose to be i filled the imperfections. Hung the fender only to find out the fender wasnt straight. I was in a hurry and tried to bend the rest of the metal to make the panel straight. It was to much stress on the bondo and it cracked. I sanded the cracked parts and refilled them.

After a few years i saw some of the cracks were coming back but didnt pay any attention to them.

I lowered the car more by taking out my isos, but didnt see how little clearance i had on the drivers side. and this happened

Here goes a temp fix.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
I know poor picture quality. Painted the lower fender. not bad for rattle job. can't wait to how it looks tomorrow. I still have to wet sand and feather in the paint line. and wash the whole. car. Even though i had the plastic cover over it, that dust gets everywhere.

After finding out how much bondo was behind that paint on the fender, i took all that crap off and reshaped the metal. I did re apply a thin layer of bondo and a few coats of paint.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
Here it is. I still need to color sand it but hey it looks great. I won't be color sanding for at least 2 more weeks. Gotta give it time for the humidity to go away

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
Here are a few updates on the car.

I have drove the car over 6000 miles now with out the front spring isos, and and i havent had any metal on metal noise issues.
LED light conversion works and looks great!

I got the bug to add some new puddle(ghost) lights in the car after a buddy gave me both of his from his 2013 gt/cs after he broke both of his mirrors. well they wouldnt fit where i wanted them so i ordered a set off ebay.

I have them tapped into the dome light. When ever the dome light comes on so do they.

I traced the wiring to the passenger side pillar. I cut back the electrical tape covering the 3 wires and it had shown a black wire, black with white and a grey i believe.

I ran a wire from where i am splicing into it down the pillar, under the dash to where the kick panel on the passenger side.

I ran the wire through the door and routed it where the connectors are at. and did the same to the driver side. I also ran a wire under the dash to connect both door. next was to drill a hole into both door panels

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
Some new shot i took

For got that i hadnt told anyone of my tank straps... lol didnt wanna buy new polished ones so i just used chrome duct tape on the straps. and they have been on there for a few months now have held up great!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I was going to ask about them in the "member pix" thread with this pic.

It looks awesome! So simple yet genius idea!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online