9838stang's Money Pit Pony

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score

Niceeee. That gives me hope for the life of my 97. 140k and the only things its ever asked for in the last few years was a water pump. Runs like a champ. I hope to get another 100k+ out of it before swapping the motor :thumbsup:

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
I ended up trading all of these 17" 96 gt wheels (7 wheels 4 tires and 7 center caps) for some 18x9 roush wheels. The roush wheels are a bit beaten up but they should clean up ok

the roush wheels

Test fitted the wheels on the car to see if they are true and how they fit. 3 of the tires are shot. have screw heads in them and a few staples. other wise they look good.

hmmm looks good.

rochoa21

Reaction score
Some new shot i took

For got that i hadnt told anyone of my tank straps... lol didnt wanna buy new polished ones so i just used chrome duct tape on the straps. and they have been on there for a few months now have held up great!
What size are your back tires

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

jpruitt

Reaction score
This is hands down one of the most beautifully symplistic Stang's I have seen in a very long time. Good looking car there kid.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
Update on the roush wheels. Haven't gotten rear far on them but this is where they site so far.

got the tires off

I have been looking for a few weeks now for these center caps but cant find them where. CJponyparts, roush, american muscle, ford, and others i have tried dont have these caps instock anymore. All i can find are singles for 40 bucks on ebay.

Now you may not know, but i only got 2 of the center caps for these wheels. I see these original caps going for over $60.00 on ebay. So i am not going to mess with these caps

I am going to order these guys from summit and do a custom look to it.

I am going to paint the centers silver and put these decals on the center caps and clear over them

Thanks Tony for the idea

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I am a big fan of the roush wheels! Hope to see these on it soon. The center cap idea with the clear coat should look great

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
Last weekend i went out to hang out with some friends and I hit a nasty man hole cover that had been pushed up some how. I tried to swerve left but it was too late. After that the car felt like it was loose and would pull left. I tried to play with the bump steer but nothing came of it. I took it in to have the alignment checked out...

before:
I also think it was out so far since it was lowered more.

Total toe = -1.03°
Steer Ahead .30°
Left Front...........-----------..........Right Front
Camber -0.5°..........-----------..........Camber -.7°
Caster 2.4°..........-----------..........Caster 3.2
Toe -.22°..........-----------..........Toe -.82

Left Rear..........-----------..........Right Rear
Camber -.1°..........-----------.......... Camber -.2°
Toe -.08°..........-----------..........Toe -.22°

after adjustment

Left Front...........-----------..........Right Front
Camber -0.5°..........-----------..........Camber -.7°
Cross Camber = .02°
Caster 2.4°..........-----------..........Caster 3.2
Cross Caster = -.8°
Toe -.09°..........-----------..........Toe -.11
Total Toe = .21°

Left Rear..........-----------..........Right Rear
Camber -.1°..........-----------.......... Camber -.2°
Total Toe = -.12°
Toe -.08°..........-----------..........Toe -.21°
Trust angle .15°

Not sure why but the caster happens to be maxed out on the driver side and cant go any further... I think it has something to do with the factory shock cover i kept in place.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
I had installed the hinge repair kit on the driver side door 8 or 9 years ago and i know i wasnt gunna go through that again.

for a few years, i have been battling the dreaded door sag on the passenger side. I finally had it, and got tired of people spamming my door shut, or myself, to close it. I stopped off at the upullit yard. and snagged up a few parts including the hinges.

gave the hinges a coat of paint.

Was a little worried on how it would all come apart with out scratching something. Once i got the wheel, fender, inner fender and fender extension off, I had all the room needed to attack the task. I had to remove the inside kick panel inorder to get the lower hinge off as well.

I recommend to anyone who does this, have a second set of hand. What a pain in the ass!!!

I got the new hinges in place and was time to square up the door and fender.

All back together..... Sorta...

Found out my gaps werent well for the door and the door and quarter were touching.

All back apart to recenter the door and get the gaps correct.

Gaps correct. Ran into another problem.

The glass would hit the body and not allow it to close. I kept trying to adjust the window stops but the window stops were already maxed out. Had my dad a glass installer look at whole window assmebly... Found out the down had come unglued.

All glued, reassembled, and fitted!!!!

All fixed and closes smoothly
http://vid1008.photobucket.com/albums/af203/9838stang/received_10153210980980108_zpslmhyaksv.mp4

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
What a mess! These are the projects I dont want to get into. Good job getting it all back together!

Driven by a tiny bore and more stroke than a 514cuin

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
It's looking like I'm going to sell the roush wheels. It's going to take aa chunk of change to restore these wheels to what I'm looking at doing. So in the mean time they are up forsale.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
I feel like i need to post a small update to the Money Pit Pony. A while back i replaced my stock Tan leather steering wheel with a black rubber wheel out of a 94. The tan wheel was pretty rough and beat up. Also wanted to flow the Black and tan theme i was going with. Over time i started missing the leather feel, and was liking the steering wheel in the daily.

So, I thought i would apply the same idea over to the mustang. I ordered a black leather and black perforated leather with tan stitching steering wheel cover from redline. I love the look of some steering wheel covers they have done when that comes in ill post pictures.

Also when i pull the steering wheel, I am gunna installed some illuminated cruise control buttons. I saw someone one facebook actually do it with Lincoln Mark VIII parts. I traded one of my old bmx bike for this. I still might need one more part. but we shall see.

traded for this

As you can see, the Mark VIII happens to be brown and i could not find any black cruise control components from this body style. So I applied paint thinner to the button covers to see if the while would wash out any, but works are smooth. So i need to scribe over the words to etch in the works of the buttons. Once i did that i found a close match to the interior color and did a test spray

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
Let me know what you guys think on the color... I may stripe the tan off and paint it black.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
Got a package in the mail the other day!

Redline Goods wheel cover

It took me about 4 hours to get the wheel cover stitched up, properly glued, and spacing the stitching evenly. I kind of wish i got the padded version, but it looks great! Awesome fitment quality.

Black leather, Black Perforated Leather, and Tan Stitching.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The wheel really turned out great. I am a huge fan of the black and tan but the black highlights on the airbag look busy IMO. I like my tan airbag and FR500 wheel and I even considered highlighting the pony but I think it is cleaner without. Just my opinion :) and loving your interior!

Firefighter181

Reaction score
Nice! I was just looking at their web page, and seen they have an Alcantara option. Wonder how many times Ill get shot asking the lady to spend $200 on a "steering wheel cover" :nono:.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
Lmao. They have like 3 pop ups that get it down. Go onto their Facebook page. They have tons of promo codes. You even get a promo code prompt ag check out with a given code for you lol

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score

Wheel is in and looks great!

I also double up on rubber seals on the horn, so the airbag doesn't shake or move when j hit a bump. It also got ride of some of the gap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online