99/01 Cobra Intake Swap plus C (or 03/04) Heads?

Discussion in 'Tech Articles, How-To's & Write Ups' started by elcapitan1987, Jun 15, 2007.

1. elcapitan1987

elcapitan1987 New Member

Has anyone wrote a "How-To" on this or can shed some light on what all is needed?

So far I just have a 99/01 Cobra Upper + Lower intake manifold I know I still need the TB, Fuel rail + plugs. Then i'll be buying the heads either C heads or Terminator Heads. Am I missing anything else? Also i've been reading that some people use our dual coil packs 96-98 Cobras but others state that then doing this swap you will need to upgrade to the COPs (Coil on plugs) ?

Thanks,
    Andreas

2. 95PGTTech

95PGTTech Well-Known Member

subscribed

3. elcapitan1987

elcapitan1987 New Member

Well i've been looking around other forums for ppl who have done this but there isn't a write up or anything. Well I came across some photos of someone's car that did the swap (emailed them too, from Ebay).

I'm posting the pictures below. Seems like a straighforward swap. We can use our stock coil packs (96-98 Cobra). There was a write I read on how to customize our fuel rails to fit the 99/01 intake, but I think I may just buy one used. I think the fuel injectors can still be used.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 97gtconv.

97gtconv. Member

5. Javi

Javi Legend

6. 95PGTTech

Just doing my C head swap now, thought about this thread and re-found it. Modular Depot redid their forums, so it took me a bit to find that article (now broken link). Here is the new link to the post specifically:

http://forums.modulardepot.com/showpost.php?p=817090&postcount=3

And a direct quote from the article in case it disappears again:

I will update as I complete mine as to the accuracy of this information. I know for a fact you can avoid some of the costs (such as the timing cover, the factory B timing cover works), but I prefer to update everything to the 2001 Cobra stuff that I can.

7. blown98gt

blown98gt Well-Known Member

8. 95PGTTech

It is far easier just to use the COP harness. Plugs right in the upper passenger side of the engine bay. I got my valve covers, coils, coil covers, valve cover bolts, coil bolts, coil cover bolts from MMR off a spare motor and got the harness for an extra $30. It doesn't have the IMRC or secondary AIR wiring on it either which I was all too happy to ditch long, long ago.