99-04 Bassani x pipe...96-98 Cobra...Help

SIC9250

Reaction score
I know it's been prob asked 8 billion times,I just can't find a satisfying thread with solid answers...everyone's gotta opinion and every other post is a yes it will or no it won't lol..anyway I just picked up a 99-04 bassani catted x pipe for a steal and I gotta 96 cobra,I kno I have to drill the driver side flange out on the x pipe and possibly re locate my rear o2's,that's no issue,but will the crossmember on the cobras get in the way of the x pipe bolting up close to how it should? I can understand hanging low a bit but I don't want it low enough to cause leaks from the manifolds etc is what I'm worried about...please chime in if you have a had a similar setup and a 96-98 cobra,2v gt guys or 99-04 guys need not reply as I'm looking for a solid answer from a cobra owner before I have a headache on my hands trying to Install this mid pipe lol thanks fellas:thumbsup:

OP
OP
SIC9250

SIC9250

Reaction score
Lol nothin but crickets....looks like ima just sell the bassani for a x pipe that is for a cobra..anyone lookin to buy a bassani Catted x pipe for a 99-04 gt/cobra/mach lol

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i posted this bad-boy up on FB. we'll see if we can get anyone to comment for ya :)

Marvin97

Reaction score
I know it's been prob asked 8 billion times,I just can't find a satisfying thread with solid answers...everyone's gotta opinion and every other post is a yes it will or no it won't lol..anyway I just picked up a 99-04 bassani catted x pipe for a steal and I gotta 96 cobra,I kno I have to drill the driver side flange out on the x pipe and possibly re locate my rear o2's,that's no issue,but will the crossmember on the cobras get in the way of the x pipe bolting up close to how it should? I can understand hanging low a bit but I don't want it low enough to cause leaks from the manifolds etc is what I'm worried about...please chime in if you have a had a similar setup and a 96-98 cobra,2v gt guys or 99-04 guys need not reply as I'm looking for a solid answer from a cobra owner before I have a headache on my hands trying to Install this mid pipe lol thanks fellas:thumbsup:
Lets start off with I don't own a cobra. But, I have mixed and matched a few mid pipes for these cars between cobra's, 96-98 gt's and New Edge gt's and never had an issue with any of them fitting. Aside from need 02 extensions in a few cases, i've never had one that wouldn't bolt up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online