For Sale 99-04 Ducktail style Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Put a thread up on the other place. That will get us there!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
People need to hurry up! I'm about to weld up the holes in my trunk and I don't want to do it if I can't get one of these. lol

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I really like the idea of that spoiler for my 97 Cobra but the problem is that I would like to see how it looks on a car before I commit. Photoshop maybe?

I hate the spoiler on my car now, especially since the original owner painted it black. The T1 is too "racecar" for me and everyone has an S281.

It's a bit of a quandary...

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
I really like the idea of that spoiler for my 97 Cobra but the problem is that I would like to see how it looks on a car before I commit. Photoshop maybe?

I hate the spoiler on my car now, especially since the original owner painted it black. The T1 is too "racecar" for me and everyone has an S281.

It's a bit of a quandary...

Yea i hear ya on that... i suck at photoshop though

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
That's the trunk from my 98. I welded it to let him know that I was serious about getting one of his spoilers.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mines been welding and waiting since before he'd even thought of this.

It's like my car is psychic!!!

Or psychotic............... I haven't figured out which yet!!! :)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it looked like they would cover one of the holes, not sure why you would weld them up honestly if it did cover them up. Are you going to use panel adhesive to attach them or screw through it? I would prefer to see no fasteners but you better be pretty confident on the panel bonding with the forces this will have at speed.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say 3m will hold up. Plenty of body parts have been attached like that over the years and done well. Just gotta make sure to prep properly.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
on a spoiler? I know they have stuck plenty of sideskirts and other crap on the sides but I have never knows a spoiler/wing to be double tape stuck on

Ok maybe one....
[video=youtube;zyWz6Uz0nmg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyWz6Uz0nmg[/video]

I mean give some though to how much force is being put on that thing say at just at slow highway speed 55-60? Now take into account after some time drying out and I don't see these ending up any differently then the eclipse in the video one day not far away.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Big difference though in that monstrosity of a wing that was on the eclipse and a lip spoiler.

The air flows through that huge wing causing way more pressure and it was only taped at 2 post. The lip spoiler should be taped all the way across so you have way more contact space and the way the wind flows just over the spoiler should just cause downforce on it and there should be no lift effect as the wind can't get under it.

I see what your saying but it's apples to oranges.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I must be the only person on the net now that doesn't like to stick shit on my car with double stick tape...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online