99-04s, new daily.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Also OP it isnt far out of the realm of reality to travel a bit for a cheaper price. I know subies command a premium up north do to the weather but down here they go for cheap. You will likely end up on top in that case..

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
When you don't have to pay for insurance + a majority of parts, who cares about money :rolleyes:

I would never DD a mustang ever again either. My sentra gets 35 mpg city as opposed to my mustang that gets an average of 18 with me behind the wheel. It has the cheapest insurance coverage I could afford, doesn't ever need new parts, and has 130K miles and still goes strong. But hey, FWD isn't for everybody.

If you think another mustang is right for you and you'd enjoy it, by all means go for it.
I can respect that.
I thought you were a hard core pushrod warrior... this makes me lol. I can guarantee once you get a new edge GT, it will become your new project car/baby. Your old car will fall to the way-side once you realize how much better the 4.6 is. :angel:

I DD my old 99 V6 because I didn't have a choice at the time and it was my only vehicle. Now that I have a wide assortment, I would NEVER DD any SN95 ever again... especially at your age because of the maintenance costs, fuel costs, insurance costs, etc. It just doesn't make sense any way you look at it. There are so many good, reliable, 4 bangers out there that would make a much better DD for you. It's your money and your life, but I'd highly suggest getting a small FWD, especially because of where you live and the weather/snow that you receive during the winter months.
Haha naw man I'm a sucker for the 4.6s. Not the NPI ones though. It will most definitely turn into another car to be modded and whatnot, I'm fine with that. I hear what you're saying, I respect your input. I just cannot do fwd, never ever lol.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I don't understand how a truck isn't practical? A little ranger or s10, or a Tacoma? They are like the definition of practicality.

For me it wouldn't be. All the rangers and s10s over here are beat to shit. And we do contracting, so a truck would turn into a work pig which is the last thing I want. I'd like a fun daily, S10s and Rangers don't really scream fun lol. They're solid and extremely reliable, but eh. Idk. And if I were to get a truck, it would have to be a 4x4 for the winter.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
TIL, oh wait, just remembered why I don't frequent this pounding of the chest fest.

Op asks question, not one answer.

To answer your question: leave this place and seek the answer and not narcissistic reviews of why their choices and impositions are better for you.

1bad95

Reaction score
I know the higher mile ones start to have leaky valve seals and will smoke some, as mine does some with 130k on it. Runs like a top tho. I'm also pretty new to the mod motors but I think you should be good. Water pump changes are so much easier than the pushrods, not having to scrap all those old gaskets off, just a nice rubber o ring. I think you will be good to go

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sinned83

Reaction score
TIL, oh wait, just remembered why I don't frequent this pounding of the chest fest.

Op asks question, not one answer.

To answer your question: leave this place and seek the answer and not narcissistic reviews of why their choices and impositions are better for you.

maybe you should read replies before you post this nonsense.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
maybe you should read replies before you post this nonsense.

Maybe you should? I read ever one. Help me understand what made you think I didn't, and to call a factual representation of people projecting their wisdom where it wasn't requested, nonsense?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe you should? I read ever one. Help me understand what made you think I didn't, and to call a factual representation of people projecting their wisdom where it wasn't requested, nonsense?

This is all the op needed.

If you're looking for a new edge there is a sticky I made of common problems.

If he were to use the search function, or go to the correct engine section the information is already there.

People were projecting their ideas where "it wasn't asked" because the OP frequently comes up "great ideas" if you will. Being as this is the garage and the OP was written in a manner that it was also asking for opinions... its all fair game. It it was posted in the engine section simply asking what common issues were, that would be a different story with different results.

Thank you.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Great ideas? Get off your ****ing high horse dude. It's my money and my life, if I want to set it on fire I will. If it was posted in the right section. Give me a break.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
And FYI, I never once asked for an opinion on a 99-04 as a daily. You opinionated ****. Every thread I see you write oh not my style, not a fan. Who cares, it's not your car.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't mean that offensive at all... I just mean you post all your ideas asking for advise...

Sinned83

Reaction score
Further more if you don't like the forum hit that logout button. Don't let the door hit Ya where the good lord split ya

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
Further more if you don't like the forum hit that logout button. Don't let the door hit Ya where the good lord split ya

Ive requested to no longer be in the presence of those such as in this thread and yourself. Was told by Chris I cannot, and he hoped the culture would shift to be less condescending and more welcoming. Glad to see you're not part of that change.

Read above, OP supported my sentiments. You're out of line.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Ive requested to no longer be in the presence of those such as in this thread and yourself. Was told by Chris I cannot, and he hoped the culture would shift to be less condescending and more welcoming. Glad to see you're not part of that change.

Read above, OP supported my sentiments. You're out of line.
whats out of line is your comments about why you don't frequent the forum. I don't think Joey asked you for that opinion and I'm sure its certainly not welcomed by non contributing members

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
whats out of line is your comments about why you don't frequent the forum. I don't think Joey asked you for that opinion and I'm sure its certainly not welcomed by non contributing members

Not sure who Joey is but if that's the OP he supported my comment up above. He didn't ask for opinions, he asked for advice on things to look for. My comments are my experience and rather than point to the symptom, analyze the problems laid out in this very thread as to why myself and many others don't frequent this forum. Guy asks for x, you give him y. Explain to me why.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=17616]the5.ohh[/MENTION] sorry to touch a nerve earlier, here's the tread you want http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?60029-Common-4-6L-V8-2V-Problems

I did create a general sn95 problem thread too, that may be helpful.

http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?60032-Common-SN95-Problems

[MENTION=12486]Sinned83[/MENTION] I think that's good now.
[MENTION=19214]fiveohwblow[/MENTION] if you have an issue with a member, click on their name, view profile. On the left hand side you can add then to the ignore list.
By continuing the rant about the forum, you arent really improving things

Now can we get back on topic. What else do you want to know Joe?

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
[MENTION=17616]the5.ohh[/MENTION] sorry to touch a nerve earlier, here's the tread you want http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?60029-Common-4-6L-V8-2V-Problems

I did create a general sn95 problem thread too, that may be helpful.

http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?60032-Common-SN95-Problems

[MENTION=12486]Sinned83[/MENTION] I think that's good now.
[MENTION=19214]fiveohwblow[/MENTION] if you have an issue with a member, click on their name, view profile. On the left hand side you can add then to the ignore list.
By continuing the rant about the forum, you arent really improving things

Now can we get back on topic. What else do you want to know Joe?

Thank you Richard for being one of a couple who answered OP's question and being a level head. I've never had a problem with Dennis before and not sure why he got so defensive. Maybe I called his home ugly. Idk. Either way, using this as an example of my frustrations should serve as a reminder to those who care to improve the site is all.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
:popcorn:

Yeah anymore questions let us know.. I did have a 2000gt for 2 years.... I bought it at 85k.. In the 15k I had it it only need COP's, however at 105k I was driving down the highway and the oil pressure went and it spun a rod. I was just cruising on the highway too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online