99-04s, new daily.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not really sure what the problem is here... He made a thread in the "garage" area to discuss getting another SN95 as a daily driver. What were we expecting the thread to be about? No contrasting views or opinions on it? No discussions as to why it's a good idea, or not? I guess I must have missed the purpose on why the thread was created in the first place if all of the responses from everybody were supposed to align with the OP's without any opposing views or thoughts about it.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Welcome to the internet

People voice their opinions no matter what

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
* fiveohwblow complains about no one answering The5.ohh's question and how the forum always goes off topic *

* doesn't provide response to question himself and goes off topic *

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
* fiveohwblow complains about no one answering The5.ohh's question and how the forum always goes off topic *

* doesn't provide response to question himself and goes off topic *

Do you have visibility into my private messages?

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
I'm not really sure what the problem is here... He made a thread in the "garage" area to discuss getting another SN95 as a daily driver. What were we expecting the thread to be about? No contrasting views or opinions on it? No discussions as to why it's a good idea, or not? I guess I must have missed the purpose on why the thread was created in the first place if all of the responses from everybody were supposed to align with the OP's without any opposing views or thoughts about it.

I think the confusion you're experiencing happens frequently around here, but I didn't expect it from the staff. Allow me to alleviate any stresses of clicking on the OP to reference it.

I was looking for a subie or truck for a daily. But I decided not to get either, I'd love to grab an 02-04 GT. I always wanted one, and I know these cars well so I'd like to stay with the SN95 platform. Anyways.. It'll be a GT and 5 speed ofcourse. I know what to look for body wise and obviously trans and clutch.. What should I pay attention to with the motor? These 4.6s prone to anything? I've heard of the infamous spark plug thing. I'm looking at the newest one possible so 03-04.. Yes it'll be a daily winter included. I'll grab a set of blizzaks for it for the winter, no big deal. Really thought about it and I'd rather get something I'm familiar with, and I just want a 2nd Mustang anyways. It won't be anytime soon, but hopefully before next winter.

The key question are as follows: What should I pay attention to with the motor? These 4.6s prone to anything?

If you expect "non contributing members" to desire to contribute then I suggest you don't utilize monikers such as "but this is the GARAGE" as free passes to tell someone how stupid they are being with their own money.

I'll go ahead and await more scrutiny about how terrible I am by the overly butthurt and non introspective defenders.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Joe have you ever considered a crown vic? Very similar and very cheap.

I have! My grandfather had Vics and grand marquis' for awhile. His last GM saved him and my grandmas life in an accident. I'd love a Vic but it would remind me too much of that event.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Why would you do such a thing? I was thinking the exact thing as everyone else in here. Find you a different car to daily and not another mustang. Both will suck in the snow you get and buying tires and adding weight in the winter will get old when you couldve got something that could handle the winter weather just fine. Mustangs are nice but not nice year around when you live somewhere with a crappy winter.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Why would you do such a thing? I was thinking the exact thing as everyone else in here. Find you a different car to daily and not another mustang. Both will suck in the snow you get and buying tires and adding weight in the winter will get old when you couldve got something that could handle the winter weather just fine. Mustangs are nice but not nice year around when you live somewhere with a crappy winter.

Lol why not? I got snow tires and threw some sandbags in my trunk, it's working well. I get what ya saying though

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Honda Wagovan

Good on gas
AWD
****ing awesome

img_0150_bisimoto_ef_civic_wagovan_copy.jpg

/thread

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What about an older escape or explorer?

My wife dailies an escape and it does well even in 8" of snow and hers is not 4x4, so if you can find a 6cyl 4x4 you would have no weather issues ever.

Also good for towing wet bikes etc.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^ +1 my moms 4x4 v6 escape will go through anything. By far the best vehicle we've had.

lutter94

Reaction score
I like escapes (or at least the idea of them). But the two we have at work are junk. 2006 and 2008 maybe? They're different body styles, but the same underneath. A lot of road noise, poor sealing, cat converter issues. Its most likely due to people here driving them like rentals......

RichV

Reaction score
I would say i depends on the purpose of the new driver.

Better in winter/wet weather, better MPG, reliability, more room for stuff/people, NO MUSTANG.

Spare car, but don't want a cheap POS, GET IT.

Getting another one will undoubtedly have you wanting to do exhaust, gears, wheels, etc. Maybe even more, so you'll officially be 'mod broke'! I have 4, I know this.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like escapes (or at least the idea of them). But the two we have at work are junk. 2006 and 2008 maybe? They're different body styles, but the same underneath. A lot of road noise, poor sealing, cat converter issues. Its most likely due to people here driving them like rentals......

They do have a lot of road noise but I think tire selection has a big part in this. They come with Light Truck tires as apposed to quieter passenger tires since they are built on the Ranger truck platform.

My wife complaints about the noise but the escape has been rock solid for us since 09.

ft_nox

Reaction score
If gas money is no issue then grab an old C/K. How can you drive two stangs WITHOUT a vehicle to pick-up (all pun intended) parts? I actually like the idea of having an older AND a newer sn95 just for shits and giggles, but no way in hell without a truck to go get parts for all the things I would definitely break.

Short answer.. buy the Stang and a truck. lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online