99 Greenstang's Facelift

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals I'm giving the old greenstang a facelift! I just ordered some Trickflow Twisted Wedge Aluminum heads with a 2.02/1.60 and 58cc chambers along with some new Harland sharp roller rockers and some new pypes polished stainless steel headers , new Ford Racing gasket set , And some ARP hardware ! I'm so so super excited to bolt these bad boys on and finally feel some quality compared to those junkpile gt40P heads ( that should be banned for poor construction of spark plugs YOU HAVE NO IDEA LOL) should be seeing around 400 now seeing as a fellow summit team member runs same heads on a mildly built 302 and achieves near the same he says. I'm just excited too finally fix all the stuff I've been wanting to get taken care of and finally get the performance I'm wanting from it and with the heads it opens all these doors including easy spark plug accessibility finally !!!! ( man shouldn't have to take the exhaust off too change plugs just sayin ) parts should be here in 2 days and I'm gonna post a ton of pics ( hopefully) and keep y'all updated ! Thanks for reading wish me luck !!!! God bless you all!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Should see around 300rwhp .... 400 nope you might get 320rwhp but with the cam specs I heard of before it's not likely .

RichV

Reaction score
Nice! Definitely agree on the GT40p thing, I've burned up a few wires myself.

400 is a tall order on a n/a 302. I don't believe the 'should be', have you had it on the dyno now? Or at least a 1/4 mile trap? I don't see the heads giving up 100hp. :p

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
I have not dyno . I am going off of a guy that has almost the same setup as me , mine is a little more built than his and he is close to 400 and his was Dyno using the same heads and the rest of his setup is almost the same as mine just a few things different here and there. Also they claim I do not know how much truth is too it but the Harland sharp roller rockers 15-40 friction free horsepower is there advertisement . Now that being said I'm not saying what Harland sharp is saying is true just letting you all know on that my friends. Also I'm degreeing the camshaft in this time so I'll pick up a few HP from that as well. I do believe I'm at 400 minimum I'm gonna look around for some Dyno # people have run with these heads on their setup . Thanks man and those 40's I had I was using fiberglass boot protector and it was burning through them even ! I guess the gt40p have more performance value than an e7 or regular 40 but they definitely do not have accessibility for service . Thanks god bless

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
They got around 350 with a fuel injection setup. I do honestly believe with my setup and also I'm bored more than the motor they used and I have a higher compression ratio (10:1) I believe I am at 400 but once I get it together I will see about some Dyno time cause I'm curious myself . Let me go ahead and state this I'm not claiming for sure 100% guarantee that I have 400Hp I am taking a educated guess with some reasonable documented proof for the time being . Anyone here using these heads with the 58cc chambers any input on them? Thanks god bless

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
White it's a miracle I get too post on this site , I live in the middle of no where and do not have hi speed internet and I'm stuck with slow satellite ( across the road is 20 dollar cable high speed go figure ) so I have to use my phone most of the time as I am now so sorry for the cramming words together.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
400, as noted is pretty lofty. I'd be interested to see some real concrete results though.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
I agree monkey that 400 is on the high end for an 302 but I definitely do not think it's out of question with my setup but the only way to know is Dyno so hopefully once I get it together I can find someone to Dyno around here that I can afford . You can't help but love summit racing ordered the parts yesterday at 4:30 or 5 PM and everything showed up today except the heads and they will be here tomorrow , that's what I call service with a smile :)

RichV

Reaction score
Take your smartphone, get a dyno app. Find a flat piece of road and do it. Get a 1/4 mile trap and see what power the app says.

Whatever you do, don't get the one where you put the rear wheel on the phone. :)

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Aren't you in Georgia? Of course Summitt gets everything to you right away lol

But yea, what Rich said. Even one of those little apps would assist with some base line over inflated numbers. But, that will give an idea

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Looking forward to the new progress. But just gotta throw this out there, engine work is more like heart surgery. Body work is a face lift. I'm not sure why but that really bugs me lol
:hidesbehindsofa:

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Well not necessarily . FACE= front ( engine is in front of the car ) LIFT =means to raise or upbring . Therefore I'm raising the horsepower in the face of the car :) there that should help your OCD on that , I've got it too and some of the most trinkity things bother me and I have to get them right but that also makes me have great attention to detail so it pays off somewhat. I could sell a drowned man a glass of water so I knew I wouldn't have any trouble explaining a simple thread title lol.

As for " inflated numbers" I do not think so seeing as the Dyno sheet from trickflow shows otherwise and some other people running near the same stuff have achieved near the same results but Dyno is only true way too know spot on 100% I get that and anything other than that is an educated estimate.

NO!!! I'm not in Georgia lol I'm in them der hills of Tennessee! So I'm dead in the middle of both Summit stores , one in Ohio the other in Georgia so I get lightning fast shipping KA-zaM!

Heads will be here in a few hours I'll lay it all out and take pics for y'all . God bless

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Sorry on the delay of the pictures everyone , spent what time I worked on the motor yesterday removing the balancer and oil pan and spent today ( what time I had ) cleaning oil pan surface and putting new gasket on it ( did this because she leaked bad with the one piece fel pro gasket .

Would have probaly installed the heads today but I learned that I need head bolt bushings so they should be here Tuesday . Seeing as the Trickflow heads are 1/2 and the block is 7/16 , 49.99 for 20 bushings ( *sick*) but that's all I need to get them installed.... Then I can order pushrods when I get my measurements.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a brand of pushrod? Please give me details and information on why YOU like this brand and it's benefits if you may please.

Also this is totally off topic but why doesn't this forum get a IPhone app dedicated to this forum only ? I'm sure enough of us use our phone and I find it would be beneficial if we had someone here that was good at the technical side of things ? Just an idea . God bless y'all

95opal

Reaction score
JFYI that dyno sheet is bhp not rwhp.

RichV

Reaction score
Tapatalk is the phone App. There may be other options, that's the most popular one.

What spacers did you need? I know the 3 bar GT40 heads have 1/2" bolt holes as well so they can be used with 351s. I never had any sort of spacers with mine.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Trickflow heads are 1/2 bolt holes and the block is 7/16 so you need bushings that work for that setup so the bolt doesn't rattle . You can use them without them but they are required and recommend but I wanna do it right .

These heads are made so they can fit the 351 as well which is why they have 1/2 holes .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
JFYI that dyno sheet is bhp not rwhp.

Yeah that's Awesome still 400 is 400 whether it's at the crank or in the headlight as long as it's making it somewhere but thanks for pointing that out

God bless

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well we thought you were saying you would make 400 wheel.

In general on forums, when we discuss horsepower, we say to the ground. It's the true measure of the power a car makes.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Well we thought you were saying you would make 400 wheel.

In general on forums, when we discuss horsepower, we say to the ground. It's the true measure of the power a car makes.

I do still believe I will make 400 to the wheels considering my setup now and I have more and better mods than what was used on their car in their Dyno . Believing is the first step to achieving .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online