99 GT need to redo suspension

Corey A Pyles

Reaction score
I just got a 99 GT and need to completely redo the suspension. It has the worst ride I've ever experienced and I figured out why, the coils have a collapsed coil, apparently done on purpose and the shocks are probably original. The tires are pretty chewed up as well. I'm not going to drive it until spring so I will work on it until the roads are nicer. I live in Colorado so the road's aren't so great. (*edit: this is not my daily)

My goal with the car is a weekend cruiser that can mountain corner carve. I have always wanted to get back into Solo 2 SCCA racing which is autocross in a parking lot but I'm not certain I want to do that again. I just want a car that I can take a girl out in and it would be nice if it looks good enough to get the girl in the first place. My main focus isn't going to be HP rather suspension and fixing all of the broken stuff. *edit: I want a comfortable ride that looks good

Currently the car is all stock minus whatever someone did to the original springs. It has 275/35/zr18's on SVE wheels. Budget can be anything if it's required but would really like to keep it down at $1k. I was looking at the eibach pro-kit. I like how it looks now but have to go on my lawn to keep from scraping if I want to get into the driveway, some day I'll get some concrete work done but not any time soon so I'll need to raise it up a bit from what it is now.

Here is a picture of it from the CL ad, I haven't taken any of my own yet (just got it a week ago today)

*edit: I was planning on spring's, shocks, CC plate and bump steer kit. And new tires when the time comes (will need advice on cheap tires too)
00J0J_6vJtudrgkL1_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
actually ridetechs team mainly uses their coil overs if I am not mistaken. Their shockwaves are great systems but the reliability of the coil over is hard to beat.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
I'm a fan of coilovers. I have them on my 04. It rides nice and handles really good IMO. And having the adjustable ride height is nice. I adjusted it a few times before I settled on where it's at. But if you go that route I would bump the budget up a bit and make sure to get a good set up.

For non-coilovers I'm a fan of H&R. The Eibachs never rode great to me.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
for stock style, can't beat vogtland springs. couple those with a set of bilsteins and you will be happy.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
actually ridetechs team mainly uses their coil overs if I am not mistaken. Their shockwaves are great systems but the reliability of the coil over is hard to beat.

Some of their main rides have air. That’s one of their big selling points. Some are on the coil overs as well though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99