99GreenStang UpDated!

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Here is the motor almost finished going to try and finish it all up with the pulleys and brackets today !!!
y4yju4an.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Does anyone like this ??!!! Lol no replies at all?

RichV

Reaction score
Did you get it done?

This the 400HP monster? When's the dyno/track session to see what it's got?

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Haven't installed it yet it's been bad weather and been loaded down with college work.

Still have to put the pulleys on it and tomorrow my new wires will be here .

Yep this is the 400HP plus monster and don't you forget it !!! I'm excited too see how these heads wake it up!!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just ready to see it on the dyno, or at least down the track. even if you don't get a good run, horsepower will be estimable based on your top end

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
I'm just ready to see it on the dyno, or at least down the track. even if you don't get a good run, horsepower will be estimable based on your top end

I'm ready to get it done myself !! I know for a fact ill at least have 400HP now . What is your guesstimate on it monkey?

God Bless!

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Got the wires today and put them on along with the wire separators .

RichV

Reaction score
The green paint adds at least 15HP. But the GM style distributor, I'd say -20. :)

Git 'er done!!

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
The green paint adds at least 15HP. But the GM style distributor, I'd say -20. :)

Git 'er done!!

Ha! Get your facts straight!! The green paint adds like at least 30!! And putting GM parts in these old junk pile fords is the only way they will run and make some horsepower!!!

I mean the heads are already Chevy style heads with Chevy standard size valves .

The HEI is the most dependable and simple and has readily available parts and is a very good performance distributor.

The bore size same as 350 Chevy :)

Might I add the 79 Chevy Nova Custom is the only car out of the 3 I own that's running and it's all original 46,000 mile car (305) !!! You can't make it stop LOL!

No lol all jokes aside I love my fords just their OEM parts were junk ( small valves , restricted flow , bad design ) although the smartest thing is the dizzy in the front !

If I didn't like it I wouldn't own it but hey mans gotta be truthful you can build a Chevy cheaper and with more Horsepower compared to any other brand but that doesn't mean other brands aren't capable of that achievement as well just means your pockets need to be deeper!

God Bless!!

RichV

Reaction score
If I didn't like it I wouldn't own it but hey mans gotta be truthful you can build a Chevy cheaper and with more Horsepower compared to any other brand but that doesn't mean other brands aren't capable of that achievement as well just means your pockets need to be deeper!

I dunno about that. It used to be like that at one time with the 350. But that ship has sailed, plenty of Ford budget builds out there. Aftermarket and OE parts from cross platforms. JMO of course.

Did you ever get a smartphone dyno app and measure the old motor?

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
I dunno about that. It used to be like that at one time with the 350. But that ship has sailed, plenty of Ford budget builds out there. Aftermarket and OE parts from cross platforms. JMO of course.

Did you ever get a smartphone dyno app and measure the old motor?

I'm saying you can take a 350 block and make a 383 with 700-800hp with factory parts !! And usually well at least in southeast America you can find the parts usually 9 times out of 10 laying in the regular joes garage for near nothing .

Where as a ford engine it's harder to find these parts at an average joes place , most of the time as I've learnt owning a Ford you just about have to order everything and buy it new cause good used performance parts aren't readily available and this follows into auto parts stores such as ( OReilys , Autozone . Advance etc)

And when you find these parts there usually more expensive. Building an N/A Small block Ford for the best possible horsepower or at least good Horsepower takes planning on almost every single part you use .

Where as a Chevy throw a set of double humps an 400 crank and a quadrajet and your sitting pretty .

Not saying you can't build a Ford it just takes more money and required planning to get the HP.

Again this is all my opinion and we all have the right too them well at least some of us (;

No unfortunately I didn't get to run that app my friend. The GT40P heads had some problems with them and popped a HG and then some faulty Permatex led to an unsealed Intake Gasket so as you can imagine a Dyno was the least of my worries !! But all is good now ! I would have liked to done it and see the gain I pick up with it now !

I will keep u all posted what's the app called you use ?

God Bless!

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Thanks I am as well! Have a few odds and ends to get before I can install .

Gonna clean up wiring

Need to install a new freeze plug ( one of them looks a little iffy for my liking )

Put the thermactor plugs in

Buy a front seal and install .

RichV

Reaction score
I've got like 5 front seals. If you're not in a hurry I'll send you one. PM me your address if you're interested.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
I've got like 5 front seals. If you're not in a hurry I'll send you one. PM me your address if you're interested.

That's very very generous of you friend! Im not in a huge hurry cause I still need to clean up wiring friend so I will take one friend . It is for the 4R70W correct? Ill pm you address !

Thanks so much God Bless You!

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
I PM you the address please let me know if you got the PM !

Thanks friend! God Bless!

RichV

Reaction score
My spare seals are all front motor seals, sorry. No trans. :(

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Awh !! That's a bummer!!!