Want To Trade A 98 SRA for an IRS

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
I can't stand it anymore and I have to do this. So if you have an IRS and want a SRA then maybe this is the deal for you. It would be nice if you were local to Ventura County. Its not just a rock stock SRA. In the last 3000 miles it has gotten brand new Ford racing 3.73 gears (not used). All the fluid was serviced while there. I have also installed Energy Suspension bushings on the rear end. It will come with Steeda adjustable upper arms 555-4100 and Billet aluminum adjustable lower arms 555-4410. Just the arms are about 425.00. Just to make it sweeter the rear sway bar is a 555-1085. That's another 225.00.

For the right deal I could be talked into including the Steeda Competition coils front and rear 555-8240. It has Koni adjustable yellows on the rear. If you have something comparable I might even throw those in.

Let me know.

Jake

codfod

Reaction score
Come to think of it, if you'd posted this probably two weeks ago there was a guy selling a bone stock 01 IRS in Oxnard for only $500. Was gonna buy it from him but decided to stay SRA.

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
Yeah I have talked with him. Looks to be a real nice guy. But he does not want to trade. Its an extra unit he wants to sell. I would go down and buy it but I don't have the room right now to have an IRS or a SRA sitting around.

Jake

I'm sure you've seen it already but there's a guy selling one in Bellflower

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/pts/5775372924.html

The ad has been up for probably 3 months or so, so he might be willing to work with you.

chris91

Reaction score
No way I'd pay $900 for a 100k mile IRS. Bet the wheel bearings are about shot. Axles have probably been abused and ready to be replaced as well. That's a lot of money to have to sink into one right away.

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
He is open to offers. Nothing wrong with trying to get every dime you can for something. If I end up going down there I am sure I can get him down a bit.

Jake

chris91

Reaction score
1k for a 99 IRS is too much too. I haven't witnessed prices going up. You have these guys that think their shits made of gold. I've seen complete setups, exhaust and all go for a grand. If you haven't already, keep your eyes on the Terminator groups and join svtp.

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
I am a member of SVTP. But have not been there in awhile. Luckily I won't have to worry about the exhaust with the Roush side exhaust. I keep hearing about peopel that were able to find someone to swap with easily. But not a chirp to me yet.

Jake

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
I did! I especially like it as it bounces off of Camaros as I pass them by. There is something about that big flat sided car that just makes it sound extra special.

Jake

tecwizrd

Reaction score
I spent moths watching Craigslist. Then one day a few weeks ago, I happened to check it during lunch. A guy near me had posted one for $400. I was a happy camper that day. OP, don't give up hope. It will happen.

In about a week, I will be doing the Full Tilt Boogie upgrade. With the T2 differential, and 3.73 gears. MM coil overs.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
Thanks. Not giving up hope. Just started looking with any kind of seriousness. I look forward to hearing how it turns out for you. I have done everything my pee sized brain can come up with to get rid of the snap oversteer/understeer these cars do. It is modest compared to when I first started messing with the car. I might be alright with it but it is not predictable. A crested corner is anyone's bet what its gonna do. I am hoping the IRS with some upgrades like your doing and some other stuff gives me. And I may be getting old but these Koni yellows are just way too hard. I have drop spindles from Racecraft on the car. It has almost original suspension travel. And with those yellows set to the lightest it is just too harsh for my liking. Ok on full track conditions. But parking lot autocross just forget. Spend all my time skipping.

End of rant

Jake

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online