Want To Trade A 98 SRA for an IRS

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
That would be one hell of a shot! Thanks for the link. But I would like to get one as close to stock as possible. By the time I got that to California I would have 2K into it. I am not opposed to spending that but I would need to be sure that everything he has done is exactly what I would do. Honestly I don't know enough about the IRS rear yet to know what I would do to get it to perform the way I want.

Jake

tecwizrd

Reaction score
I understand.

I did 2 tons of reading before I got mine. It boils down to a couple of things. Do you want a racecar ride, or a street car ride.

A couple of things determine which you will get. What bushings you put in it and what shock/spring package you run.

Full tilt boogie is the name that came up most during my research. Maximum Motorsports is a good source as well.
I chose FTBR because of the diff cover and the diff pinion angle bushings.

Anyway, good luck with the search. I will keep my eyes open.

The guy in the link might be willing to trade even. Shipping would be all you guys would have in it. He already has a lot of the good bits from FTBR.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
Yeah I think I am at 10 percent race and 90 percent street. Problem is I have no idea how to get there. No Maximum Motorsports for me. I tried to buy from them and did not enjoy the experience or the condescending attitude. I should probably thank them. Without them treating me the way they did I would have never found Racecraft, Kenny Brown or Griggs. I have been spending my money with other shops and happy to do it. There has to be someone local. And I am not in any rush. So busy with business right now its hard to find time to go in the garage.

Jake

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Yeah I think I am at 10 percent race and 90 percent street. Problem is I have no idea how to get there. No Maximum Motorsports for me. I tried to buy from them and did not enjoy the experience or the condescending attitude. I should probably thank them. Without them treating me the way they did I would have never found Racecraft, Kenny Brown or Griggs. I have been spending my money with other shops and happy to do it. There has to be someone local. And I am not in any rush. So busy with business right now its hard to find time to go in the garage.

Jake

FTBR is going to be your best bet for bushings on the IRS. When you get a chance, go check out their page. They have some videos on how they IRS works that are very informative. And their bushings are perfect for any application, smooth for the street and aggressive for the track.

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
Thanks. I bookmarked their webpage. As soon as I get things under control this morning I will take a bit and look at their products.

Jake

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
Nice! I had not found that one yet. I have two people talking about a possible swap. Then there is the 03 IRS for 900. With everything I am going to modify the 99 unit is a possibility. As far as I know there is no issues with using one of those. Thank you for the link.

Jake

codfod

Reaction score
No problem, if I find any more I'll post them on here for ya.

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
Oh that guy. Didn't recognize the number. Why do people put 1$ on ads? You know that is not the price. I have never been able to make contact with him. By email or text.

Jake

Reaction score
Oh that guy. Didn't recognize the number. Why do people put 1$ on ads? You know that is not the price. I have never been able to make contact with him. By email or text.

Jake

Cause they're dicks... also that ad for the 99 01 irs I gave you they guy still has it and it asking 700 obo for it. So...I mean...you could always drive up here. Pick up that irs for 500...and then stop by my house and leave me that sra...just saying

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
I notice with your intricate plan I do all the driving. Were going to need to iron out that intricate plan detail before we move onto me leaving a complete SRA at your feet. And I'm not talking one beer. You might have to cough up 2 beers.

Jake

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online