A/C and cooling fan question

GEORGEKLASS

Reaction score
Hey guys, but of newb question. When I bought my car the A/C was blowing ice cold. One day out of the blue the A/C stopped working. The compressor wouldn't engage. I jumped the switch for 15 seconds, compressor started and I had cold air. I didn't have time to check if the system had freon but my biggest concern has to do with the fan.

If I select A/C is the fan supposed to turn on no matter what or only when the compressor engages? If I do a KOEO test the fan kicks on at both speeds when it starts the test.

Thanks!

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
The reason the A/C comp doesn't is probably because the Freon is low or the switch is bad.

I think the fan is supposed to come on regardless of compressor being on or not. I could be wrong on that though.

OP
OP
GEORGEKLASS

GEORGEKLASS

Reaction score
The reason the A/C comp doesn't is probably because the Freon is low or the switch is bad.

I think the fan is supposed to come on regardless of compressor being on or not. I could be wrong on that though.

I didn't have time to check if it was filled before storage. I did buy a new switch to throw in anyways.

Addermk2

Reaction score
If the system is full and the switch doesnt fix your problem, it's likely that your CCRM took a dump.

OP
OP
GEORGEKLASS

GEORGEKLASS

Reaction score
If the system is full and the switch doesnt fix your problem, it's likely that your CCRM took a dump.

I've thought about that as well but the low and high speed kick on with the KOEO test. Does the fan always turn on when A/C is selected or does the compressor have to be engaged?

*edit I'm a big newb to sn95s. I forgot about the a/c relay in the ccrm. I have access to a v6 parts car I can grab it from to see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online