A/C delete without delete kit

homebuilt46

Reaction score
Was wondering if I could just run a shorter belt to bypass the a/c compressor without having to take it off. I don't really use the a/c anyway. If it can be done are there any negative effects and what size belt would work?

RichV

Reaction score
There are no benefits to this. If you're not removing the weight of the AC, and you have a working AC system, why??

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There are no benefits to this. If you're not removing the weight of the AC, and you have a working AC system, why??

This. The whole point to an A/C delete is to remove the weight, not to eliminate parasitic drag on the engine (as it is negligible while the clutch is not engaged). If your clutch is stuck or something and this is a temporary "fix" then yes, then I totally get why you want to it.

Edit: also, I should add, you don't need a delete kit to delete it. You can just remove it and run a shorter belt. This is pretty common for smog pump deletes on the 5.0.

OP
OP
H

homebuilt46

Reaction score
Ok. I thought it was parasite drag thing. Thanks cause I was about to do something stupid and look like a fool for it. Well I don't use it anyway so out it will come.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't use my a/c much either (and I live in ATL) but NOT I'm going to pull it out for a couple reasons.
1st- it'll really hurt the resale value unless "racecar" or "showcar only"
2nd- girls don't always like their hair flying around because the windows are open. Or sweating. unless "racecar"
Just my $.02
it's your car though.

OP
OP
H

homebuilt46

Reaction score
I'm from south georgia and now stay in socal but I've never had a car with working a/c so it don't bother me. Don't plan on getting rid of the car anytime soon either.

OP
OP
H

homebuilt46

Reaction score
**** 'em. I tell them to either put their hair up, or get out and walk.

Lol just told my wife she could walk. Gonna complain about about me taking a/c out of my car. Hope she don't kick the Jackstands from under my car

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Staff online

Members online