A/C Issue

OP
OP
A

AzzLyp

Reaction score
Lol. I just found out something promising actually. Immediately after I installed the ccrm, my check engine light came one. I ran the code and it's p0117 or coolant temp sensor fault. I just read that the pcm can command the compressor off with this code because it thinks the engine is overheating. I'm looking for my spare sensor now and the harness plug to replace it with because mine is looking ratty.
All fixed! It turned out that my car had the incorrect temp sensor in it. It had the head temp sensor in there instead of the coolant temp sensor. They have a completely different set of values for the pcm to read so the computer thought the car was overheating and not letting the compressor turn on. It was also affecting cold starts. All fixed now though! Thanks for your help, Evil!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Glad you got it figured out. I totally let this thread slip my mind. I also dont know why i didnt think about the temp sensors.

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
I had issues with temp sensors not with ac but with the temperature inside the cab that told me I was close to over heating . Changed them out no problems now glad you're golden

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

AzzLyp

Reaction score
I had issues with temp sensors not with ac but with the temperature inside the cab that told me I was close to over heating . Changed them out no problems now glad you're golden

Yeah it's running great now. Went on two short road trips, yesterday and today, a couple hundred miles total. Ran great and a/c worked awesome and engine ran excellent. Very happy with this swap now. Funny how 1 little sensor can throw things off so badly.

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Yeah it's running great now. Went on two short road trips, yesterday and today, a couple hundred miles total. Ran great and a/c worked awesome and engine ran excellent. Very happy with this swap now. Funny how 1 little sensor can throw things off so badly.
It is odd that one thing can gum up the works on whole vehicle

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online