A/C Issues...CCRM?

95gtSteve

Reaction score
Greetings all and happy holidays!!!!!

What are the odds of the CCRM failing only for the A/C? I have 'vert 5sp and he cut all of the circuitry by using battery clips directly to the compressor coil. So, I have a locked up compressor, the culprit being a loose low pressure switch on the accumulator/dryer. Not to fear, for $200 got the whole enchilada....clutch bearing's about to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120622858826?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Anyway, I jumped the low-pressure switch with a pigtail, got no 12v at the compressor. Checked all fuses, etc. IIRC, my dad and I troubleshot it to the CCRM. What's the failure rate on these?

TIA!

Steve

G_94_T

Reaction score
Same thing was wrong with mine...

I just installed a fused switch straight to the compressor to engage the clutch

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I also had a bad a/c relay in the CCRM.
FYI both cooling fan relays and fuel pmp relay in inside the CCRM too.

9838stang

Reaction score
Same to me over the summer. i had a shop try to recharge the system, and they said the car is ready but it still doesnt have ac. I go down there and they say that the pressure was full on the ac and the ac pump was good, it had a bad ccrm. So i went to ford and they wanted like 200 just for the ccrm. I looked on ebay and scored a certified used one. took me 5 minutes to install.... and once i installed it it worked great. I never really used my ac before the current girlfriend. she hates the heat. had to get it working.

good luck.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Same to me over the summer. i had a shop try to recharge the system, and they said the car is ready but it still doesnt have ac. I go down there and they say that the pressure was full on the ac and the ac pump was good, it had a bad ccrm. So i went to ford and they wanted like 200 just for the ccrm. I looked on ebay and scored a certified used one. took me 5 minutes to install.... and once i installed it it worked great. I never really used my ac before the current girlfriend. she hates the heat. had to get it working.

good luck.

5 minutes? I call BS on that.

9838stang

Reaction score
Ok minus jacking the car up. Take the inner fender out and it ccrm is right there. Take the 2 screws holding the ccrm in place off. And undo the electrical connector. Repeat process in reverse.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
given the OP user name is 95gtsteve.I would think he has a 5.0. and the CCRM is right in front by the expansion tank. 5 minutes might be stretching it but 10 would be more realistic.

Didn't think about that. I forgot the '94-'95s have the CCRM in the engine bay right there.

I was referring to what 9838stang said, considering he has a '98 sixxer which is in the pass. side fender.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online