A/c issues

Cameronb254

Reaction score
Alright guys so i have a 1994 mustang gt and im having some trouble with my a/c. Sometimes it will blow cool usually if i shift under 2k rpm but even then it doesnt seem to kick on all the time i have made sure my coolant is good and checked to make sure it had refridgerant in the lines .

Reaction score
not sure if the heater core has any effect on this but i would check that too. it is a bit of a pain to get to though. also there is another "relay" i guess that is accessed behind the glove compartment that can mess with your system, but i know that pertains more to the fan speed, but it may also have an influence on this issue. i dont remember off the top of my head what the part is, but its fairly cheap and easy to replace.

ok, found it. its the resistor motor. again i dont know if this will help with your issue though

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-19706B/mustang-ac-blower-motor-resistor-9404

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Blower motor resisters are usually what people run to first and are the easiest thing to swap out but (and no offence frankie) dont just go throw parts at it. Does the fan blow harder on each progressive setting? If it does its not the resistor. Next, check ur cabin filter. This being clogged stops the air needed from being sucked into the system, thus limiting what the ac will put out. Next, flip your controls from max ac to normal ac with the radio off doors and windows closed. If you dont hear what sounds like a flap clapping back and forth you need to check your temp door. This directs all the air across the ac condensor, cooling it off as much as it will allow. The condensor looks like a radiator under the dash. Check these then report back. We will help as much as we can.

Reaction score
Blower motor resisters are usually what people run to first and are the easiest thing to swap out but (and no offence frankie) dont just go throw parts at it. Does the fan blow harder on each progressive setting? If it does its not the resistor. Next, check ur cabin filter. This being clogged stops the air needed from being sucked into the system, thus limiting what the ac will put out. Next, flip your controls from max ac to normal ac with the radio off doors and windows closed. If you dont hear what sounds like a flap clapping back and forth you need to check your temp door. This directs all the air across the ac condensor, cooling it off as much as it will allow. The condensor looks like a radiator under the dash. Check these then report back. We will help as much as we can.

spend all the money!!!!!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
No cabin air filter, but If a squirrel builds a nest on top of the grate that the evaporator core pulls air through..................well, the a/c wont really work.

Happened to my car and I rode with it for a year or two before I found that crap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.