a few oil change question survery

xs man 27

Reaction score
i figured id start this post and get a an idea of what brand and type of oil does everyone use in there mustangs ? and also how many of you guys always change your own oil and how many of you guys go to a garage or ten min oil lube spot etc ? keep in mind not everyone has the garage or space to do there own work etc.. so no judgement if people have to do pay to do a simple maintence.. i always use synthetic oil.. on my old post.. Castrol synthetic oil seemed to be a one fav by a few of you guys... wondering what everyone uses and suggest...

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are you asking just the 5.0 guys? Or everyone?

I use Mobil 1 5w30 full synthetic w/ Motorcraft filter.

RED GT95

Reaction score
I use Wal-Mart full synthetic and a good filter , don't knock it cause of the price I run it in everything from my mower to my wife's 14' focus. Always use a good filter and change oil on a good schedule .as far as oil change places I do my own because I used to work at a quick lube place and you would not believe the things I have see co workers do to customers cars .

chaos254

Reaction score
I change it myself using Mobil 1 synthetic(10w30) and a motorcraft filter.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I change mine myself. I always use Motorcraft filters and right now I'm using Pennzoil SAE 30 (I'm pretty sure) for break in period, not sure what I'll decide to run for long-term use.

TanTop94

Reaction score
I use Mobil 1 10w30 with a Fram Racing filter. Because Racecar.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Currently, Royal Purple.
I usually use Castrol.

For the filter, I try to get a high quality one, try to avoid fram. Dad had a fram filter fall apart on him.

On the Mustang I do my own oil change. Don't let a shop touch it for anything other than alignments and tires.

On the Mazda I've started going to Mr Lube. My friend is fairly high up and may possibly become a manager of one soon. The service is great, price is okay and i dont have to deal with the oil or crawl under the car.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I change mine, and my parents oil myself from like late March-mid October, then we just bring them to my dads friend to have him do it in the cold weather due to us not having a garage.

I use Mobil 1 in all our cars. Synthetic in my dads 07 GT and the normal shit in my moms 05 V6 and my 94 GT

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I never change my oil myself. I'm lazy and would rather watch a bunch of mexicans change the oil than get dirty doing it myself.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I never change my oil myself. I'm lazy and would rather watch a bunch of mexicans change the oil than get dirty doing it myself.

Admit it. You just for the burritos.

iXZVixrl.jpg

TanTop94

Reaction score
Currently, Royal Purple.
I usually use Castrol.

For the filter, I try to get a high quality one, try to avoid fram. Dad had a fram filter fall apart on him.

On the Mustang I do my own oil change. Don't let a shop touch it for anything other than alignments and tires.

On the Mazda I've started going to Mr Lube. My friend is fairly high up and may possibly become a manager of one soon. The service is great, price is okay and i dont have to deal with the oil or crawl under the car.

Ive never had a bad experience with a fram filter....most people hate on it, but eh I guess Ill keep using them until I have a third arm growing off my block lol.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
In my car Stang I use royal or Mobil 1 synthetic because Mobil 1 is the cheapest brand name synthetic around and if it's good for ferarris shit I'm down with it .... I use wix filters for it as for my daily driver ...

Well ell that I use a fleetguard filter and 15w40 diesel oil this gets done at jiffy lube because warranty :( 102 dollar oil changes FTW

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Always used motorcraft semi synthetic oil and filter in my truck since I bought it newish (80000miles lol). And whatever autozone has on special (semi syn) for my mustang. Always change it myself just because I have a need to justify using my overpriced snap on tools every chance I get

RichV

Reaction score
For my 04 Dodge, it had 210K miles when I sold it, Grease Monkey did a majority of the oilc changes with Rotella and their house brand filters. Never had an issue and it was running strong when I sold it last week.

For my Mustangs I use Castrol in the SVO and Valvoline in #71. 10-30 for the most part. For filters, whatever is on sale sometimes, mostly Motorcraft.

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
does anyone have this plug in the link below ? looks like it makes life a lil less messy .. any thoughts ?

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I use Havoline/Castrol 5-30 in the Mustang with a Motorcraft filter, Mobil 1 5-30 in the BMW with a Wix filter (8 quarts ftl), and whatever oil we have in barrels at work for my Civic (it costs $8 to change oil in it with a filter).

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
12 quarts in the cummins rotella of course

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online