A few Pics of my Foxbody Coupe Build

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Video to come. I only had time to fire it up for a second. It's going to be a while before I get time to mess with it due to school crap.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Well I got the car pretty much buttoned up. I got my buddy to help me get the timing dialed in, changed the door pins which was an experience, and put the front clip back on it. I made my maiden voyage this evening and everything went pretty well. I do have both AN lines leaking from where they come out of the transmission but that didn't stop me from driving it a little bit this evening. The car is LOUD and it honestly sounds like it has a much bigger cam than it does.

A Pic of the door pins. These combined with new striker bushings made an incredible improvement in the way the doors close. They shut like no other fox door I've ever seen.

And two pics of the car at the gas station.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I don't know what you did to the paint but holy crap it looks amazing! Every detail on this beast fits together perfectly. All of your stanced vehicles might make me take out my pro kit springs and go cut my stock springs to see what mine looks like slammed. Keep up the good work and inspiration

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
So sick. Can't imagine how it felt to finally drive that car after all that work

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I don't know what you did to the paint but holy crap it looks amazing! Every detail on this beast fits together perfectly. All of your stanced vehicles might make me take out my pro kit springs and go cut my stock springs to see what mine looks like slammed. Keep up the good work and inspiration

Lol the paint photographs very well. It's just your average paint job, it's actually a Maaco job. It needs a little freshening up but I think I can make it come back to life with a little Chemical Guys Blacklight.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Lol the paint photographs very well. It's just your average paint job, it's actually a Maaco job. It needs a little freshening up but I think I can make it come back to life with a little Chemical Guys Blacklight.
Maaco does a decent job as far as looks are concerned. Had my old v6 done by them and was satisfied for the year I kept it. The photos look great man

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I forgot how good it is to drive a fox. It is uncomfortable as crap, loud, and smelly, but at the same time it just feels awesome, lol.

I spent the last week working on tying up a few loose ends since I couldn't drive it because I was waiting on new fittings. Btw, don't buy Summit brand AN fittings. They pour fluid out of the swivel joints with pressure behind them. I called Summit and they sent me two Earls fittings for free though. Talk about good customer service!

I started out by modifying my ashtray a little bit to allow me to mount my toggle switch for overdrive.

Then I painted my nasty looking Ford emblem black and stuck my carbon fiber overlay on it.

And the good fittings installed. It took me a few hours to get it all situated and completely leak free, but I finally got it.

Then I swapped in my Bride seats since I don't plan on driving the SN95 anytime soon.

An underside shot. I got it on the lift to check for any leaks. All good so far.

I drove it a good amount this weekend. Probably about 75 miles, which is about 1/4 of how far I've driven it the entire time I have had it. It does great, a little on the loud side but it turns heads everywhere. I beat on it a little bit and it definitely needs a gear BAD. That's up on the list along with a few other things. I launched it a few times and it just doesn't have enough gear to get it going.

Then I was driving this afternoon and I did a dig, 1-3 pull and then I noticed something all over my windshield... apparently my cap on the EGR nipple coming off the coolant tubes didn't like the pressure anymore and it let go and started pissing. Somehow when I pulled over it sealed itself back up and I drove it home. I filled the hole in the coolant tubes with RTV and put another cap on it, I hope it'll hold up this time.

Such a little hole can make such a big mess... lol.

And a random pic just because

I can't wait to hit the track and see what it'll do. I don't expect much better than an 8.30 as it sits but we'll see. A gear, some weight reduction, and a little seat time and I'd like to see a 7.9x. Then I'll be content enough to throw the nitrous on it and blow something up.

turion94

Reaction score
Total investment- between $1500 and $2000 not counting wheels. Not bad for a budget build done by a 19 year old college kid who has no idea what he's doing, lol

19 year old college kid with no idea what he's doing? That's a load of crap. With all of your resources and just the fact that you can do all of this for less than $2000 says different. Lets be real here.

Nice build as always. I like your style! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, yes the color is Cabernet Red. It's a pretty nice color IMO. One of the best factory colors I think.

The car hasn't stopped in the past few days. I've been driving the crap out of it, beating on it and doing burnouts every chance I get. I LOVE this car! I'm so glad I got a fox again, they just feel so much better than any other Mustang.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, yes the color is Cabernet Red. It's a pretty nice color IMO. One of the best factory colors I think.

The car hasn't stopped in the past few days. I've been driving the crap out of it, beating on it and doing burnouts every chance I get. I LOVE this car! I'm so glad I got a fox again, they just feel so much better than any other Mustang.

Glad to hear man! The passion for the car really shows with your craftsmanship, keep up the good work and drive the hell out of it

turion94

Reaction score

i've never owned a Fox before. What do like about them? They sure do look good!

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
i've never owned a Fox before. What do like about them? They sure do look good!

They just feel SO much smaller than the SN95 platform. If you see a coupe and a SN95 side by side, it really puts the size difference in perspective. Plus you can see out of them better and to me they just feel much more raw and unrefined. It's hard to describe until you drive one.

94gtgb

Reaction score
Really nice fox! Makes me miss my 85 lx convertible, and my 89 gt hatch.

turion94

Reaction score
They just feel SO much smaller than the SN95 platform. If you see a coupe and a SN95 side by side, it really puts the size difference in perspective. Plus you can see out of them better and to me they just feel much more raw and unrefined. It's hard to describe until you drive one.

I hear you. This car looks like a lot of fun. It's probably nice to have a change up. My paint job is from Maaco too. I had to take it back to them 4 times because black shows every mistake. It's still not perfect but what can one expect from Maaco. If you don't mind sharing what are you going to school for? Is it automotive related? You seem like you have a bright future ahead of you. Good to see that you are in school.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I hear you. This car looks like a lot of fun. It's probably nice to have a change up. My paint job is from Maaco too. I had to take it back to them 4 times because black shows every mistake. It's still not perfect but what can one expect from Maaco. If you don't mind sharing what are you going to school for? Is it automotive related? You seem like you have a bright future ahead of you. Good to see that you are in school.

Right now I'm going for mechanical engineering, but honestly I don't know if I will be going back next year... I have a big opportunity in my dad's business so I might end up taking that instead, but we shall see.

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Sounds like either opportunity is a good decision. Engineering is a good field to be in and I'm speaking from experience. I graduated last May with a degree in engineering

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online