A few Pics of my Foxbody Coupe Build

turion94

Reaction score
I know engineers are in high demand. Good luck on what you end up choosing!

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Well I have logged quite a few miles on the car over the last week and I've loved every minute of it! It's been doing great. I started on the next round of mods yesterday.

Super secret mounting of the nitrous solenoids. This is just mockup stage, but I'll get better pics once I finish everything.

WOT switch mounted up.

And I received my 3G alternator and 4ga wire as well. On the agenda for today is installing it and finishing up the nitrous.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Foxes may feel smaller, but in reality, they aren't. There is a reason all the fox stuff fits on the SN. The fox is just a little more on the flimsy side. Like the difference between an AR and an AK. They weigh the same, they are the same size, but the AK is solid and feels like a real gun, while the AR is loose and feels like a squirt gun.

chris91

Reaction score
David have you owned both a Fox and a SN??? They are definitely smaller. This is coming from a guy that has owned 2 Foxes and 4 SN's. Go to a meet and have a buddy park them next to each other and see. Then jump inside them and you will really tell.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
The small weight difference in the cars is what amazes me the most. This car probably weighs about 2900 while my 97 GT weighed only 3200 bone stock. Amazing.

I started work on the car this evening.

Pretty terminal ends on the 4ga power wire.

I also added an inline fuse to the wire as well. [MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] will be happy to see this.

The alternator installed. I had to modify the stock bracket a little, but not too much.

The overpopulation on the starter solenoid is real.

Then I moved to the nitrous. I got all of the lines tucked as much as I could.

The solenoids in their final position.

I cranked the car up and everything worked as it should. I was finally able to turn on my HID's without the alternator killing the battery, which was nice.

And the next project. 3:73 gear should find its way in on Sunday. Then it's time to daily drive the car all week, then take it to the track and try to break it Friday night!

turion94

Reaction score
The small weight difference in the cars is what amazes me the most. This car probably weighs about 2900 while my 97 GT weighed only 3200 bone stock. Amazing.

Weight difference is another reason why the 94-95 5.0's are slower than the Foxbody 5.0's stock for stock.

:hmmm2:

Looking good slow!

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Well it's been a while since I've posted up in this thread. I've been driving the car every chance I get and I've been loving it. I got the 3:73 gear put in and took it to the track once and am planning on swapping out my fuel pump sometime soon so I can put the 150 shot on it. But for now, here's some boring pics of very minor changes I made to the car today. Mustang Week prep has begun.

I got a real carbon fiber license plate frame.

I put on my antenna delete

Then I pulled all of the front and rear window trim off and painted it.

The next project... These quarter windows have been killing me every time I look at the car, but I'm finally going to give them some attention.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I got a little done on the car today.

One quarter window removed.

Sanded and prepped

After about 15 sessions of caking high build primer on and sanding down between coats

And after. I can't really ask for better results considering they were trashed before. Not perfect, but driver quality, just like the rest of the car.

I also sprayed the rest of the trim so it would match.

And proof that the car will do a burnout, lol.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dude it's always the little things. I bet doing that window trim up helped sooo much in person

chris91

Reaction score
I did the same process with the quarter windows on my old 91. Definitely makes a huge difference.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Yep, I spent an entire weekend on it but I feel that if I were to go sell it, I probably added $500-1000 to the value of the car. I got it all back together today and while it's not perfect, it's definitely a LOT better.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I clicked on that picture about 3 times thinking it was a video.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If it's not a video still at the least then I must have terrible eyesight.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
It's a still, videos take too long to load on photobucket and it isn't a good enough burnout for youtube.

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
dude great build man...I almost picked up an 88 5.0 a few weeks ago...the guy was advertising it with 94K Original miles...after running a carfax, it stated that it rolled over and that any mileage over 100K is unreliable. & the car had been thru 4 different owners within the last year...kinda shady to me.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I guess I'll throw up some current pics of the car. It's ready to head down to Mustang Week Tuesday and is pretty much "finished". Hope to see lots of you guys there!

cameron57

Reaction score
Love coupes!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online