A few Pics of my Foxbody Coupe Build

slow90coupe

Reaction score
A few people have asked to see some progress pics of my foxbody that I've been working on for the last few months, so here's a little rundown of what I've done with the car.

The condition I bought it in, pretty much bone stock.

After about 4 hours of having the car in my posession, lol.

First came some headlights

Then I stripped the interior to clean and put some new carpet and seats in.

A very slight wire tuck also got done because I just couldn't deal with the hideous mess going on under the hood anymore.

After the first real cleanup

New carpet in

The completed interior, very clean and simple. Nothing fancy and only $150 spent.

Andddd it got blown apart the next weekend, lol.

UPR tubular k-member, coilovers, cc plates, strange struts, SN95 brakes and spindles, and all new bushings installed.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Quick mockup of some wheels I had at the time.

Then came these wheels

Debadging and paint correction in progress

Moser axles, drums, shocks, and hell cut stock springs installed.

Andddd completed... or so i thought. I didn't even have it together for a week.

Then the stance was tweaked some more.

And on went a 125 shot of nitrous. Sneaky install, nobody would ever think it had anything done to it.

And a pic of it at the track. I only drove the car 250 miles the whole summer, and my plan was to have a stock mustang that I could get in and enjoy driving. That didn't happen lol. I did manage to get an 8.80 out of the bone stock pig though.

The next morning

And the next time I got to work on it I got it to this point.

The engine, not bad for $350 spent and some time and spray paint.

Then I got a Lentech AOD with 4r70w internals and a 3000 stall for $100 after I sold my old trans.

A little mockup with coilovers and strange shocks in the rear.

Wire wheeled and painted underside

The parts collection got a little out of hand.

Oil drain fitting welded on the oil pan for future boost.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
After about 20 hours of work the engine bay looked like this

Then another couple weeks of work I got it to this

The engine is ready to go

And the engine bay after a TON of work. I'll probably never do this again, lol

And I got the entire car wired back up and tucked everything I could. I had to test to see if everything worked.

The new power adder, Nitrous Outlet EFI Race single nozzle kit for now.

A quick mockup of the CCW's.. I love them.

And that's where I'm at right now. I'm hoping to have it together within the next week. This goes to show you that plans can snowball and then you end up owning a car for 6 months that you planned to daily drive.. and realize you have put less than 300 miles on it.

Total investment- between $1500 and $2000 not counting wheels. Not bad for a budget build done by a 19 year old college kid who has no idea what he's doing, lol

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not usually a fan of the previous generation of Mustangs, but I do have to admit yours looks really, really nice!

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Awesome build! I'm not gonna lie after seeing this thread I am peanut butter and jealous, as well as mad lol. You have a big budget for a 19 year old lol.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
^ 1500-2000 is big??
I have to admit though, by the way you work I never would have guessed you were 19. You have done wonders with this car. Great job man, keep it up :thumbsup:

Also, do you have any top view shots of the bay after the paint&tuck?

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Yessssssssss. This whole build is awesome. Still don't understand how you find the deals you do to be able to do this stuff for so cheap lol. Glad you got this thread going. Didn't realize how slammed that thing was before you tore it back apart either haha

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! The motor is nothing special, just gt40 heads, 1.6 roller rockers, anderson n41 cam, gt40 intake, full bolt ons and fuel mods.

Ill be be sure to post in here from now on with my progress pics of it. I plan to drive the piss out of this car this summer. Hopefully I can make a 7 sec pass with a fully optioned all motor car and then spray it into the 6s.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
^ 1500-2000 is big??
I have to admit though, by the way you work I never would have guessed you were 19. You have done wonders with this car. Great job man, keep it up :thumbsup:

Also, do you have any top view shots of the bay after the paint&tuck?
Not sure if you know he also has nice built SN95. Not to mention the wheels he has are not that cheap. Add both builds up and you get a pretty big budget. I'm not knocking him at all, I'm just saying I wish I had that budget haha. And I wish I had a nice clean fox like that too haha.

Really big.
Yes sir, you get what I meant. But more power to him! I look forward to seeing new updates on this fox.

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful fox man, between that and the SN, you have two VERY clean older Stangs. Keep up the great work!

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Eh the budget really isn't that big.. I just took the money from the roller fox I had and bought this car, and used more of that money to get the car to where it's at today and I still have a little bit left over... hustling mustangs and mustang parts is a hotttt business around here. I average selling at least 3 or 4 things a week, that's how I pay for all this madness. I've probably made $15k off of just buying and selling stuff over the past 2 years.

I've got right at $15k in both cars put together counting wheels so it's really not any crazy budgets, just buying good deals when I find them.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Awesome build man, your intolerance for clutter and dirt is far beyond mine. I keep seeing the cars you flip and make a profit off of and it's amazing. Keep up the good hustle, you've already outdone many on the business level

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.