A few pics of my ride

Nick

Reaction score
Hey guys, been here a little while but I don't think I ever put up some pics.

I finally got my H&R springs on and the pro kit off, also got some 18's on it. Camera isn't the greatest, but you get the idea.

Nick

107668.jpg

107669.jpg

107670.jpg

OP
OP
N

Nick

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys. Its really hard to take pics of the flames, they like to dissapar on camera.

Interior is nothing specail. I used to have racing seats and seat delete but traded back to some leathers. Gonna clean the heck out of it and get another seat delete. I just got done doing a 4v swap and getting it tuned on the 21st. Looking for 500 + hp with some nitrous. We'll see.

Here is a pic of the motor.

57478.jpg

97 teksid aluminum cobra block ,cobra crank, ultra lite i beam rods, je pistons. All ARP hardwars top and bottom. Stock 01 heads, ported 99 intake, BBK twin 65mm tbody, JLT RAI, Hooker longtubes, o/r x pipe, maganaflow catback, aluminum d/s, spec stage III clutch, billet aluminum flywheel with the weight reductin option, 4.30 gears, 150 shot of nitrous. MSD coil packs and wires, NGK plugs, Steeda shifter, stock tranny. AJE tubular k member, H&R springs, Tokico struts and shocks, full length subframe connectors,

Axles and trac loc are getting attention next.

FFW 2003 in Houston it ran an 11:43 @118. That was when it was a stock spec'd 97 Cobra motor with a few bolt ons untuned. I am hoping to crack the 10 sec barrier with the new combo and a tune this time.

All that with a/c, heat, and full interior.

waltnono

Reaction score
Nick said:
Thanks for the comments guys. Its really hard to take pics of the flames, they like to dissapar on camera.

Interior is nothing specail. I used to have racing seats and seat delete but traded back to some leathers. Gonna clean the heck out of it and get another seat delete. I just got done doing a 4v swap and getting it tuned on the 21st. Looking for 500 + hp with some nitrous. We'll see.

Here is a pic of the motor.

57478.jpg

97 teksid aluminum cobra block ,cobra crank, ultra lite i beam rods, je pistons. All ARP hardwars top and bottom. Stock 01 heads, ported 99 intake, BBK twin 65mm tbody, JLT RAI, Hooker longtubes, o/r x pipe, maganaflow catback, aluminum d/s, spec stage III clutch, billet aluminum flywheel with the weight reductin option, 4.30 gears, 150 shot of nitrous. MSD coil packs and wires, NGK plugs, Steeda shifter, stock tranny. AJE tubular k member, H&R springs, Tokico struts and shocks, full length subframe connectors,

Axles and trac loc are getting attention next.

FFW 2003 in Houston it ran an 11:43 @118. That was when it was a stock spec'd 97 Cobra motor with a few bolt ons untuned. I am hoping to crack the 10 sec barrier with the new combo and a tune this time.

All that with a/c, heat, and full interior.

Did someone say 4V swap :dancing6: Dude u just became my best friend. I'm in the process of doing the same thing. Did you use ur 97GT harness and ECU or u used the 99 cobra? I have a 97 ECU and harness that I will be using and I'm getting a xcal2 and a tune from LaSota Racing, I've heard noting but good things about Don tunes for these swaps. I have a 93 MarkVIII engine wit sec gen intake. I'd plan on doing the same setup as you with the nos and forged bottom end, thanks to snake. What cam are you running? I'm thinking about sean hyland stage 1 or the crower stage 1. Any problem u want to give me a heads up on?

OP
OP
N

Nick

Reaction score
ON street tires and old combo all I could get was 12.9 untuned. Going to the track in a couple weeks so I'll let you know.

As for the swap. I used my stock harness, had to extend a few wires. I am gonna use an sct xcal as well for the tune. Cams...well STOCK 01. You'll be surprised how well Ford did with these and the 96-98 for that matter if you wanna drive the car a lot and use nitrous.

Anymore ?'s just ask.

And yes its pearl. The cam covers and intake are powdercoated single silver. No clear. The powdercoater said they would yellow a little if he did the two step silver.

Nick

waltnono

Reaction score
Nick said:
ON street tires and old combo all I could get was 12.9 untuned. Going to the track in a couple weeks so I'll let you know.

As for the swap. I used my stock harness, had to extend a few wires. I am gonna use an sct xcal as well for the tune. Cams...well STOCK 01. You'll be surprised how well Ford did with these and the 96-98 for that matter if you wanna drive the car a lot and use nitrous.

Anymore ?'s just ask.

And yes its pearl. The cam covers and intake are powdercoated single silver. No clear. The powdercoater said they would yellow a little if he did the two step silver.

Nick

Who are you going with to do ur tune? I heard of a couple guy who are good @ tune'n 2V ECU for 4V motor. One is Don at lasotaracing.com and the other is Lonnie at www.blueovalchips.com

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice car Nick.
I love the ghost flames, with not too much contrast.

Nice work on the motorswap :)

Inspiring.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online