A few pics of the new L

ck5.0

Reaction score
Yeah I think that basic stuff is what Mike had on his 2000 L that made it 396rwhp. I wonder what would happen with a Whipple on that 454 turned 496???? Mike, didn't you say that after the pulley it sounded like a damn jet engine??

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ck4.6 said:
Yeah I think that basic stuff is what Mike had on his 2000 L that made it 396rwhp. I wonder what would happen with a Whipple on that 454 turned 496???? Mike, didn't you say that after the pulley it sounded like a damn jet engine??

I really want either a KB or a whip, but here is my hang up. I spend 3 or 4 gand on it and im still limited on what I can put out due to the crappy rods in it. I prefer to have the motor yanked out and redone with forged rods, so that I can take full advantage of the new blower. Why have a new blower that can crank out 6 or 7 hundred rwhp, and a short block with rods that are only rated to 475-500 max :-\ kind of stupid considering the eaton with a nice port and the rest of the boltons can do 450 or so.

If I sell the cobra BEFORE I get to start on this L under the hood, that yank and prep will most certainly be done, as well as the Whip I think. Seems that most guys over at NLOC like it more than the KB .

OP
OP
S

svtboy

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
ck4.6 said:

I really want either a KB or a whip, but here is my hang up. I spend 3 or 4 gand on it and im still limited on what I can put out due to the crappy rods in it. I prefer to have the motor yanked out and redone with forged rods, so that I can take full advantage of the new blower. Why have a new blower that can crank out 6 or 7 hundred rwhp, and a short block with rods that are only rated to 475-500 max :-\ kind of stupid considering the eaton with a nice port and the rest of the boltons can do 450 or so.

If I sell the cobra BEFORE I get to start on this L under the hood, that yank and prep will most certainly be done, as well as the Whip I think. Seems that most guys over at NLOC like it more than the KB .

all you need is a 6lb, cold air and sct for 400rwhp, a port will get you 450rwhp

OP
OP
S

svtboy

Reaction score
ck4.6 said:

It sounded like that with the magnum powers blower. It doesnt have silencer holes like the stock eaton. Plus I had stock exhaust so all you heard was the blower.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online