A few pics or projects from the past and some of my fiberglass work

rkramer19

Reaction score
I used to work for a few different custom shops here in Indianapolis a few years back as an installer, fiberglass tech. Here's a few of projects I've worked on will. Some are all my work and some we're joint installs with myself and coworkers. So here are a few of my favorites. I am uploading a lot of photos and they are mixed in so these are the ones that are finished uploading, i used to work on whatever paid the bill, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I loved what I did. The customer base was just a little too dangerous for my taste so now I just work on my own personal stuff and buddy's cars. I will post a few more pics later tonight when I get off of work.

OP
OP
R

rkramer19

Reaction score
Yea to this day that is one of my favorite cars I've ever worked on or driven. It was Procharged custom wide body kit, customt 12inch wide rear wheels. Not an inch on that car that wasn't touched in some way.

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Not exactly my style, but I can definitely appreciate the craftsmanship. Wish I would work with fiberglass that well.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I love the craftsmanship but hate working with fibrglas. Very nice work!

Walking Tall

Reaction score
By dangerous customer base, I'm asssuming you got paid in stacks of 100's and 20's wrapped in rubber bands and told not to ask questions. ;)

OP
OP
R

rkramer19

Reaction score
Not exactly my style, but I can definitely appreciate the craftsmanship. Wish I would work with fiberglass that well.

Thanks I learned when I was 16 open summer I just showed up to a custom shop and he was glossing and I never left. I have been trying to learn about carbon fiber and epoxy for a couple years but I never seems to work out for me, at least not to me I like it perfect

OP
OP
R

rkramer19

Reaction score
By dangerous customer base, I'm asssuming you got paid in stacks of 100's and 20's wrapped in rubber bands and told not to ask questions. ;)

You would be correct. when customers are asking for hidden compartments installed a red flag seems to go up. Cash payments no more than $9999.99 lol

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Its always nice to find someone who knows it. Only a handful of people that I know do it anymore

We do a different sort of work, though I have the skills to do what you do, I just don't like it as much during because its frustrating haha. I build boats for a living

OP
OP
R

rkramer19

Reaction score
We do a different sort of work, though I have the skills to do what you do, I just don't like it as much during because its frustrating haha. I build boats for a living

Well the fact that you have the skills to do something if you want is cool enough. I've fixed a few boats for a couple people at my new job but just interior cosmetic stuff I tell them I'm not touch the main structure because I don't know much about the specs of boats.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
A lot of nice work there . Have you thought about doing any custom fibreglass work on your car ? The gto is sweet and well of course I'm digging the Ferrari and the impala ss ain't horrible either .

OP
OP
R

rkramer19

Reaction score
A lot of nice work there . Have you thought about doing any custom fibreglass work on your car ? The gto is sweet and well of course I'm digging the Ferrari and the impala ss ain't horrible either .

Yea I'm doing a rear seat delete with a custom subwoofer box in its place, and I am going todo a few other small things on the interior. And I need to get some extra center console parts and I think I am going to mockup a new console. My main focus is to get the body in good shape before it goes to paint and finish getting all of my parts together then start on the rest of my modding.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea I'm doing a rear seat delete with a custom subwoofer box in its place, and I am going todo a few other small things on the interior. And I need to get some extra center console parts and I think I am going to mockup a new console. My main focus is to get the body in good shape before it goes to paint and finish getting all of my parts together then start on the rest of my modding.

Nice thats how I'm planning my system as well the cars already had the rear seats removed . The custom console sounds cool , looking forward to progress

OP
OP
R

rkramer19

Reaction score
Nice thats how I'm planning my system as well the cars already had the rear seats removed . The custom console sounds cool , looking forward to progress
I'm going to pick up a junk console and cut it up use the existing front half to keep the mold into dash to keep the seams tight against the radio bezel area and add my own flare into the back with a custom center piece with maybe a gauge pod, my converterible and foglight switches and some billet cupholders and a few other goodies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online