A few things I want your two cents on

Gold4.6

Reaction score
Alright guys instead of making multiple posts I'm just gonna post all my questions to this thread. Been ages since I've been on, works got me loaded. First I recently bought my Saleen kit and was wondering. Should I spray the Saleen side striped on or leave them off? Im reshooting the whole car Aztec Gold. I just want to keep away from being Faleen. I've got Saleen front and rear bumper, side skirts, door fillers, s281 wing, 3.5" R hood. Next, roll control. Yesterday I met a guy who gave me a killer deal on some Mickey Thompson E/T street radials mounted on Cobra r wheels. Do you guys recommend roll control? Also if someone could give me a little over view on how to use roll control as I haven't ever actually raced at the track yet . Next, fog lights for a Saleen front bumper, I've got 94-98 Cobra fog lights and brackets , will they work? Thanks fellas

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
#1 -- maybe spray the hash-marks and avoid the word "saleen" ?
#2 -- roll control can be tricky on our cars. do you have ABS? Do you have a 5spd or auto?
Roll control is used by placing the transmission (automatic) in a locked position. You hold it in that locked position with a button on the shifter and release it when you want to go. The transmission automatically drops to 1st gear and you're off. This is not an option on 5 speed cars.
#3 -- no idea. never had a stang with fog lights, nor a saleen bumper! lol.

OP
OP
Gold4.6

Gold4.6

Reaction score
Roll control like the piece that sits on abs and holds pressure through the pro portioning valve. Aka line lock. Mines a manual. Don't you ever sleep Chris. ;p Line lock is used for burnout in the water box at the track.

joekd

Reaction score
Sorry chris but you described a transbrake, not roll control

Roll control just locks up the front brakes and holds them allowing the rears to spin free

In my opinion not necessary and is a waster of $$ unless you are running on the track regularly. The mustang has enough power to break them loose and spin them, especially at the track where you have a water box.

OP
OP
Gold4.6

Gold4.6

Reaction score
Yeh but I'm gonna be learning and if I could have something that's gonna help a little ill spend the money on it. I've got no bills right now except my phone and maybe my insurance here soon! So money isn't the issue:p

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ah. Well i've always called the trans brake trans brake and line lock line lock and two step two step and window switch window switch and so on.

lol.

anyways, if you feel like spending the dough on a line lock system, go for it. But your brake pedal should work just fine if you want to save some dough :)

does your car have ABS?

and its 5:36 in the morning. I never sleep.

FrankenStang

Reaction score
lol, brakestands.....THE DEATH OF MY AOD !

p.s, you don't need any helpers to light them up at the track in the water box...if a front wheel drive 145hp civic can, ur stang can...

OP
OP
Gold4.6

Gold4.6

Reaction score
Well I just need to know like how to stage and when to use it I guess. Chris I had a meeting at 6... Work sucks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online