A hypothetical question about injectors....

ebaccm26

Reaction score
94/95 5.0 - 347 Stroker - AFR Heads - RPM II Intake - 70MM Turbo - 225LPH Intank Pump - 42LB Injectors - 10LBS of Boost

Ignoring whether or not the pump is adequate and not having any info in regards to the previous tune and assume the air fuel ratio does not appear to lean out on the top end. Would it be fair to guess that the 42LB injectors are the limiting factor and that with more fuel more power could be gained without changing anything else in this setup other than the tune.

My friend and I have a bet in regards to the fuel system on this car. He thinks that the injectors do not need to be changed just because it does not lean out up top on the wideband. I think that with this setup it cannot possibly be reaching full potential with the current injectors and that it must be tuned fairly conservatively, I am basing this solely off of what I have seen of similar setups online.

Any input would be appreciated, would be nice to know if I am going to lose this bet or not lol.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
42 sounds small on a turbo 347 to me but I am not a motor expert. I was told they might limit me on a vortech 302

Tony Corley

Reaction score
I would expect the tune to be fairly soft with a 42lb injector, so yes, I would say you could tune for more power with a larger injector in place.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online