a little help please, I haven't run across this before

94greenvert

Reaction score
My Vert is my good weather toy only, so today while I was shining her up for a cruise to play golf I decided to remove the stock sun visors. They were beyond dingy and tattered. I took off the two phillips heads screws and the allen head screw as well. That doesn't do it, apparently you have to remove the A piller to get to the electricial wiring for the lighted mirrors. I decided to just cut those wires and stuff them up the gromet out of sight. I did it, the car looks better, BUT now my CD deck and my speedometer are dead. WHAT? Did I short something out? I check the fuses under the hood and all seemed fine. Where or what can I check next? HELP!

97blackgt

Reaction score
maybe theres a common relay...a relay which controls all of the things u listed? Try to find a wiring diagram for all these things and see what they all have in comoon
Good Luck

ryclef331

Reaction score
94greenvert said:
My Vert is my good weather toy only, so today while I was shining her up for a cruise to play golf I decided to remove the stock sun visors. They were beyond dingy and tattered. I took off the two phillips heads screws and the allen head screw as well. That doesn't do it, apparently you have to remove the A piller to get to the electricial wiring for the lighted mirrors. I decided to just cut those wires and stuff them up the gromet out of sight. I did it, the car looks better, BUT now my CD deck and my speedometer are dead. WHAT? Did I short something out? I check the fuses under the hood and all seemed fine. Where or what can I check next? HELP!

JUst under the hood? what about the fuse box under the dash? I can't remember off the top of my head but how many wires were there? Get back to me on the fuses under the dash....

OP
OP

94greenvert

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. I didn't need to remove the A pillars afterall. I did remove the whole top liner in between the two visors. From there I removed the cut wires by unhooking the quick connects for each side, then I disconnected the battery for a reset. No dice, radio still doesn't work, and now the dash clock is out also. The only box I checked is the one by the battery under the hood, I'll check the underdash tomorrow

ryclef331

Reaction score
94greenvert said:
thanks for the replies. I didn't need to remove the A pillars afterall. I did remove the whole top liner in between the two visors. From there I removed the cut wires by unhooking the quick connects for each side, then I disconnected the battery for a reset. No dice, radio still doesn't work, and now the dash clock is out also. The only box I checked is the one by the battery under the hood, I'll check the underdash tomorrow

My money is a blown fuse under there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online